FdA Therapeutic Counselling
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hi, I'm Helen.
I am an Integrative Counsellor, qualified to degree level in 2013.
I am warm, friendly and professional and will do what I can to make the the experience of therapy as effective as possible for you.
You do not need to be in crisis to reach out for therapy or to benefit from it. Maybe you finally feel ready to be supported?
I am qualified to help with a range of issues (see list).
I see clients in a therapy room at the Quayside Wellbeing Clinic, a professional, modern and tranquil space where you can talk in confidence. I can also offer sessions via Zoom.
I believe it is essential to find the right therapist/client relationship, so I therefore offer a free 20-minute consultation via Zoom.
I am also trained at postgraduate diploma level as a therapist for adults experiencing symptoms of Boarding School Syndrome.
If you went to boarding school as a child and experience some of the below symptoms, you may be experiencing Boarding School Syndrome and I can help you:
Feeling unhappy, anxious or traumatised; low self-esteem; feelings of ‘What’s the point?’; difficulty feeling emotions; finding relationships tricky; upsetting memories of teasing, bullying or sexual abuse; periods of your childhood that you can’t remember. It might feel as if you’re surviving life but not really living it.
I am passionate about helping ex-boarders to move towards a more content and fulfilling life. Please do get in touch if the above resonates with you and you'd like to ask any questions or organise an initial session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapy for Ex-Boarders (Boarding School Syndrome) - Completed but not yet graduated
- Foundation Degree in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative - Person-Centred/Psychodynamic)
- Two years training in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Certificate in Engaging and supporting Nomadic and Travelling Communities
- Certificate in Working with People who Self-Injure
- Certificate in Understanding and Recognising Sex Addiction
- Challenging Ideas in Mental Health Open University Module
- Myers Briggs Awareness Training
- Terrence Higgins Trust Volunteer Training Course including HIV Awareness, Living with HIV, Stigma & Boundaries and Treatment
- GSCB Inter-Agency Child Protection Course
- Integrated Clinical Risk Assessment and Care Management
- Equality & Diversity - General Awareness.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Boarding School Syndrome
£50.00 per session
Free initial in-person or online session
- £50 per hour - Individual sessions (50 minutes)
- £70 - One-off single session (75 minutes)
- £270 - 6 sessions block booking, paid in full before first session
- Free of charge - 20 minute consultation
When I work
I qualified in counselling to degree level in 2013 and recently trained in psychotherapy for ex-boarders (Boarding School Syndrome).
I am an Accredited Registrant of the National Counselling Society and abide by their Code of Ethics.
My style is warm, intuitive and professional.
Please do get in touch with me if there's anything you'd like to ask.