Hazel Williams PGDip Counselling, MBACP
Working in York city centre as a qualified counsellor with a Postgraduate Diploma and registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, I offer support to adults with a wide range of issues.
Perhaps anxiety and low self-esteem are impacting on your daily life. Maybe you are struggling with changes that seem out of your control, or feelings of isolation. You may need space to heal after distressing life experiences.
My aim is to provide a safe and confidential space where we can work together to help you to make sense of your experiences, thoughts and feelings at a pace that feels right for you.
Drawing on counselling approaches most suited to your needs, I will find a way of working that is tailored to you. I will not give advice or opinions, but together we will build a therapeutic relationship, where you can feel assured you are believed and that your thoughts and emotions will be heard and understood with respect and without judgement.
As a counsellor I am passionate about helping clients believe change and healing is possible. I will work with you to help you gain clarity, confidence and new perspectives enabling you to make choices that feel right for you going forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Specialist Sexual Violence and Domestic Abuse Counselling Service (Aegis): Working with victims of rape, sexual violence, domestic violence, domestic abuse including coercive control and historical childhood sexual abuse. Issues included; PTSD, Complex PTSD, Dissociation and Flashbacks.
- Talking Spaces: Working with a broad spectrum of issues including bereavement and Supporting Victims of Serious Crime
- Changing Lives: Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service
- Private Practice: Working with a broad spectrum of issues, including those mentioned above, generalised anxiety disorder and depression.
- Former Trustee for York Women's Counselling Service.
- Member of York Women's Providers Network.
- Member of The Family Court Domestic Abuse Working Group.
- York St. John University: Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling.
Regularly taking part in Continuing Professional Development I ensure my practice remains up to date and undergo monthly supervision to ensure ethical practice is maintained according to the BACP ethical framework.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Our first session
The first session will be free of charge with no obligation, as it gives us an opportunity to meet each other and see if we think we can work together.
Counselling sessions: £40.00 for 50 minutes
Concessions: Students £35.00
I offer both short and long term therapy.
Enhanced Certificate with the Disclosures and Barring Service.
During my time working with Aegis: North Yorkshire Police Vetting Service- level 2.
ASIST trained (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, including evenings and Saturday appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|