Hannah BARLOW, BA (Hons) Integrative Counselling, Registered MBACP
I offer a warm, welcoming, sincere and empathetic counselling service to support clients face to face, online by webcam, instant messaging or by phone. I value each person as a unique individual, and recognise that the issues they bring are unique to them.
Being an Integrative Counsellor means I am able to draw from the main counselling approaches of Humanistic, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural. This means that we are able to personally tailor therapy to your needs.
My experience has provided me with a sound grounding to offer a professional, genuine, non judgmental and empathetic therapeutic support in a safe place.
I promise to be there for you every step of your journey. My goal is to help you grow from your struggles, heal from your pain, and move forward into your own sense of being for a better life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I trained to become an Integrative Counsellor with the Iron Mill College in Exeter, qualifying with Worcester University with a BA degree in Integrative Counselling.
- I received further training and qualified in 2019 with a diploma in Online Counselling.
- As with all professional counsellors who work ethically, I attend regular supervision.
- I am a Registered Member of the BACP and fully insured.
- As well as gaining counselling experience through my training, I previously served 17 years as a police officer, having direct experience of an extensive range of life challenges that clients may be facing.
- I have experience as a listening volunteer for a well know charity online, face to face and by phone for people in crisis.
- I have experienced the therapeutic benefits of creativity achieving level 2 C&G in sugar-craft.
- My experience has provided me with a sound grounding to offer a professional, genuine, non judgmental and empathetic therapeutic support in a safe place.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial telephone consultation of up to 1 hour is free. Counselling sessions £40-£50 an hour.