Dr Gregory Warwick
If you have made it to this website then perhaps you have made a choice that now is the time to get some professional help. It can be scary booking your first appointment, but I am are here to help. I not only provide a range of evidence based treatments, but a warm, safe and comforting way of doing so helping you reach your goals faster.
I am a Counselling Psychologist with a modern and accessible office in the heart of Salford Quays, with a carpark next door or a 3 minute walk from the media city tram stop. I have over 7 years worth of experience working with people on their mental health problems using a variety of different therapeutic approaches. I am highly skilled in offering therapy for adolescents and adults. I usually work with people who have experienced trauma (PTSD), depression, anxiety, eating disorders, relationship problems, low self-esteem and confidence or problems at work.
As mentioned I am trained in multiple evidence based treatments that are recommended through research and the national guidelines. This means not only can we find a therapy model that best suits the problem you have but we can adapt the way we work to ensure that you are working in a way that you feel comfortable. Some of these are
- Person Centred Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- CBT For Eating Disorders (CBT-E)
- Trauma Focused CBT (CBT-TF)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DCounsPsych)
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsych)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My current fees are
- £100/50 minutes for one to one face to face therapy Or Online Therapy
You can book through my website, or pay with cash or card on the day, BACS or even Paypal.
I am also an authorised provider for
- Axa PPP
- Care First
- Health Assured
should you wish to use your insurance as a way of paying for sessions. A confirmation of cover letter is needed prior to booking Your first session.
More articles by Gregory Warwick
- Coronavirus and mental health - surviving the outbreak
- What is person-centred counselling?
- A psychological guide to the ultimate New Year's resolutions
- What is dialectical behaviour therapy?
- A guide to acceptance and commitment therapy
- Taking the stress out of Christmas
- What is cognitive behavioural therapy?