Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
My name is Gosia Lanigan, and I am a Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counsellor.
Gestalt psychotherapy offers a relational, embodied, and present-focused approach, which with patience and awareness brings about change and vitality.
I have worked with a wide range of difficulties including:
If you would like to find out more about how I work and how this approach may suit you, please feel free to get in touch to have an informal chat.
In my practice, I create a safe and confidential space for you to settle and share your troubles. Expressing your very private thoughts and feelings to another person is an act of great trust and courage, particularly when this means feeling pain and vulnerability.
I admire my clients for this and feel inspired to support them on their journey to self-discovery, compassion, and happier and more full-filling lives.
Once you have embarked on your counselling journey, you can expect to:
- explore the issues you bring
- expand your understanding and awareness of yourself, your feelings, your relational and emotional patterns and habits
- try out new behaviours that can improve your relationships with yourself and others
- improve tolerance of your feelings and soothe distress
- have a space to just be and feel free to express your thoughts and feelings
- re-discover your existing skills and use them to support yourself
Whilst making small, new steps within the counselling relationship, you can create important changes outside of it.
I see clients both in Wokingham Therapy Clinic and ONLINE.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Metanoia, London
- numerous workshops and seminars
- counselling clients in voluntary sector in both London and Maidenhead
- Assistant Tutor on a Foundation Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Studies & Skills course, Metanoia, London
- previous experience of working in Primary Education
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 per session
- £60 per 50 minute session (individuals)
- £60 per 50 minute session (couples)
- I offer concessions. Check for availability.
Wokingham Therapy Clinic is based in central Wokingham.
It is situated opposite the library.
You can also get here easily by train as the station is close by. The walk will not take you longer than 10-15 minutes.