Gosia Lanigan, Dip.Psych.Counselling
Wokingham Therapy Clinic
49 Denmark Street
07725 941 231
I work in a compassionate, non-judgemental, and professional way through the confidential, therapeutic relationship. I believe humans have an innate ability to grow and overcome hardship, and I am committed to creating the space in which you can heal, recover, and find new strength and meaning in life.
When we struggle, finding help in working through overwhelming feelings in challenging life circumstances is very important to our psychological health. Counselling can significantly improve our abilities to deal with future change and the difficult situations that we all inevitably face in life.
I believe feelings and emotions are like our senses; they are part of ourselves to make good use of, to live fulfilling lives. They communicate to us crucial information about ourselves and our life circumstances and I believe they must not be ignored.
Once you have embarked on your counselling journey, you can expect us to carefully explore:
- the issues you bring
- your understanding of yourself, your feelings, your relational and emotional patterns and habits
- ways to learn new skills in order to recognise what you are feeling, and how to use this information to guide you on your way
- how to tolerate your feelings and soothe distress
- have a space to just be and feel free to express your thoughts and feelings
How it works:
Counselling goes through different stages. Although it differs from person to person and depending on the problems you bring, it can broadly be described as follows:
- The first crucial stage is you gathering your courage to begin the process and get in touch with me.
- Once you have decided you want to work with me, we both agree on the practical terms.
- Together, we will work out what it is that you would like to focus on, and what you hope to get from the relationship and from me.
- I will then have a dialogue with you to help raise your awareness of yourself. I will also encourage you to stay with your feelings, to aid self-discovery, understanding and self-compassion.
- The next stage on this road is ‘making bridges’ between the old and the new; trying out different feelings and behaviours in the safe environment of the counselling space, with me.
- When you decide that you have achieved what you have set out to do and you have nothing else you need help with at that time, the counselling can end. It can take a few sessions to acknowledge our work together and say goodbye.
I see clients in central Wokingham.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Metanoia, London
- numerous workshops and seminars
- counselling clients in voluntary sector in both London and Maidenhead
- Assistant Tutor on a Foundation Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Studies & Skills course, Metanoia, London
- previous experience of working in Primary Education
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
- free 30 minute initial appointment and assessment
- £50 per 50 minute session thereafter
Wokingham Therapy Clinic is based in central Wokingham.
It is situated opposite the library and a 'pay and display' car park.
You can also get here easily by train as the station is close by. The walk will not take you longer than 10-15 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00-12:00, some evening appointments available.
Types of client