My name is Gosia Lanigan, and I am a Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counsellor.
Gestalt psychotherapy offers a relational, embodied, and present-focused approach, which with patience and awareness brings about change and vitality.
I have worked with a wide range of difficulties including:
If you would like to find out more about how I work and how this approach may suit you, please feel free to get in touch to have an informal chat.
In my practice, I create a safe and confidential space for you to settle and share your troubles. Expressing your very private thoughts and feelings to another person is an act of great trust and courage, particularly when this means feeling pain and vulnerability.
I admire my clients for this and feel inspired to support them on their journey to self-discovery, compassion, and happier and more full-filling lives.
Once you have embarked on your counselling journey, you can expect to:
- explore the issues you bring
- expand your understanding and awareness of yourself, your feelings, your relational and emotional patterns and habits
- try out new behaviours that can improve your relationships with yourself and others
- improve tolerance of your feelings and soothe distress
- have a space to just be and feel free to express your thoughts and feelings
- re-discover your existing skills and use them to support yourself
Whilst making small, new steps within the counselling relationship, you can create important changes outside of it.
I see clients both in Wokingham Therapy Clinic and ONLINE.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Metanoia, London
- numerous workshops and seminars
- counselling clients in voluntary sector in both London and Maidenhead
- Assistant Tutor on a Foundation Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Studies & Skills course, Metanoia, London
- previous experience of working in Primary Education
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- £55 per 50 minute session (individuals)
- £75 per 80 minute session (couples)
- I offer concessions. Check for availability.
Monday - Friday: 9am - 7pm
Wokingham Therapy Clinic is based in central Wokingham.
It is situated opposite the library.
You can also get here easily by train as the station is close by. The walk will not take you longer than 10-15 minutes.