Gosia Lanigan, Dip.Psych.Counselling
My name is Gosia Lanigan, and I am a Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counsellor.
Gestalt psychotherapy offers a relational, embodied, and present-focused approach, which with patience and awareness brings about change and vitality.
If you would like to find out more about how I work and how this approach may suit you, please feel free to get in touch to have an informal chat.
In my practice, I create a safe and confidential space for you to settle and share your troubles. Expressing your very private thoughts and feelings to another person is an act of great trust and courage, particularly when this means feeling pain and vulnerability.
I admire my clients for this and feel inspired to support them on their journey to self-discovery, compassion, and happier and more full-filling lives.
Once you have embarked on your counselling journey, you can expect to:
- explore the issues you bring
- expand your understanding and awareness of yourself, your feelings, your relational and emotional patterns and habits
- try out new behaviours that can improve your relationships with yourself and others
- improve tolerance of your feelings and soothe distress
- have a space to just be and feel free to express your thoughts and feelings
- re-discover your existing skills and use them to support yourself
Whilst making small, new steps within the counselling relationship, you can create important changes outside of it.
I see clients in central Wokingham and also offer Skype appointments.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Metanoia, London
- numerous workshops and seminars
- counselling clients in voluntary sector in both London and Maidenhead
- Assistant Tutor on a Foundation Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Studies & Skills course, Metanoia, London
- previous experience of working in Primary Education
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- £50 per 50 minute session
Wokingham Therapy Clinic is based in central Wokingham.
It is situated opposite the library.
You can also get here easily by train as the station is close by. The walk will not take you longer than 10-15 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday:9am - 2pm + some evening appointments available.
Types of client