Fiona Knowles, MBACP, MNCS Accredited, Clinical Supervisor
Are you suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, feeling generally low, or facing challenges that are preventing you from moving forward and leading a full and happy life? At times life can be very difficult leaving you feeling confused, unhappy, unheard, and restricting you from leading the life you want.
Counselling can be the first step towards change, regaining a sense of control in your life, and a better, more positive future for you.
I work around a wide variety of issues, problems and complex situations providing you with support, empathy and a space for you to share your concerns.
I can help you to explore your thought, feelings, emotions and behaviours and assist you in gaining a better understanding and awareness of yourself and your relationships.
As an experienced trained counsellor and psychotherapist my approach is one that will help facilitate this journey in a safe, confidential, non-judgemental environment, allowing you to reflect upon what is happening for you and find a way forward.
My approach is an integrative one which means I use a range of approaches tailored to suit your personal needs and requirements as each client is very much an individual and no one approach fits all.
I am a registered member of the (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists) I adhere to the associations Code of Ethics and have regular supervision to ensure I work in the best interest of my clients.
As part of my continuing professional development I regularly attend training courses and workshops in order to further enrich, develop and enhance my work.
I hold full professional indemnity insurance and an enhanced DBS certificate.
I provide both short and long term counselling and psychotherapy depending on your needs, this can be discussed during our initial consultation and assessment.
My private practice in Deeping St.James is within easy reach of Market Deeping, Bourne, Stamford, Spalding, Peterborough and the surrounding areas.
Free parking available.
Please call 07496664515 for further details or to make an appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Clinical Supervision
- National Counselling Services Accredited Registrant
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy BACP - Registered Member
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Awareness in Bereavement Care (Ascentis)
- ABC Accredited Cruse Bereavement Counsellor
- Samaritans Support Volunteer Training
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Level 3: Award in Education and Training PTLLS
I am committed to ongoing training as part of my personal and professional development.
Continuing Professional Development Certificates:
- A Child's Grief - Cruse Bereavement Care.
- Safeguarding - Child protection and protecting vulnerable adults.
- Anticipatory Grief and Maintaining Hope.
- Death by Suicide.
- Freedom programme - Domestic Violence and Abuse.
- Sudden and Traumatic Death - Cruse Bereavement Care.
- Understanding and Working with Depression
- Working Therapeutically with Gender Identity.
- Treating Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks.
- Lifestuff Eating disorders workshop.
- Working with Mental Health issues.
- Art Therapy - creative workshops.
- Diane Stevens Assessment training.
- Working creatively with bereaved children and young people.
- Developing relationships - Pip Wilson.
- Child sexual abuse, hope for healing - Carolyn Spring.
- Trauma, the brain and recovery - Mind body breakthrough.
- Private practice in Deeping St.James.
- Creative Therapy with adults and children in schools and private practice.
- Cruse Bereavement Volunteer.
- Diane Stevens Counselling Volunteer, working with students aged 11+
- Samaritans volunteer.
- Holistic Therapist, 16 years in private practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Free initial telephone consultation
My fee is £40.00, one-hour session.
Couples Counselling £50, one hour session.
Supervision £40, one hour session. £55, 90 minute session.
Concessions available, please ask for details.
For further information or to book an initial consultation please call Fiona on 07496664515
Access to Holistic therapies available.
I work in private practice in Deeping St.James, easily accessible from Peterborough, Bourne, Stamford, and Spalding.
Free parking available.
I also work from PE2 area in Peterborough which also has free parking available.
I am a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I adhere to their ethical framework and code of practice to ensure I work safely, ethically and in the best interest of the client.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available 9am to 8pm Please call for an initial telephone consultation
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision is an essential part of the counselling process, it protects and enhances work with clients and allows the supervisee to feel supported and encouraged whilst enabling them to work in their own individual style.View supervision profile