Emily Rowcliffe UKATA Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP
Welcome to Tonbridge Psychotherapy. I truly understand the strength it takes to recognise that something isn’t working in your life (whether it’s your relationship/s, your job, a crossroads you’ve reached or a general sense of something being wrong) and to take this step in looking for someone to help you achieve a resolution.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy to adults, couples and groups from my own tranquil garden room in the Slade area of Tonbridge.
I have worked for ten years as a nurse in both the NHS and Private sector prior to starting my journey to train as a psychotherapist in 2008. I am an Associate Counsellor at West Kent Mind and a link to information about me also be found on their website.
I believe that through the relationship you and I build together, you will heal. Together we can identify your struggles, strengths and goals, building your resilience in order that you feel able to make the changes that you want, to live the life that you want.
I work in a flexible and accommodating way, in order to offer a safe and supportive environment for my clients; I understand the pressure of busy lives and am happy to offer evening, weekend and double-length sessions to suit your lifestyle. My aim is to help psychotherapy become more accessible so that every single person who asks for help can achieve the changes in life that they seek.
I offer Walk and Talk Therapy for clients at their request.
I work with clients experiencing a wide range of emotional difficulties, including:
- Eating Disorders
- Relationship difficulties
- Childhood issues
- Low self-esteem
- Grief and bereavement
- Work issues
- Those people looking to achieve a greater sense of self-awareness
I am fully insured, DBS checked and registered with the UKCP and UKATA, abiding by their code of ethical practice and professional standards. I am also registered with the ICO and adhere to their standards of confidentiality regarding client notes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in Counselling Skills level 2 and 3
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Trauma Therapy
- Eating Disorders Masterclass
- Animal Assisted Therapy level 1
- BSc Adult Nursing
UK Association for Transactional Analysis
UKATA (formally the Institute of Transactional Analysis) is the national UK Transactional Analysis organisation representing all fields of TA theory and practice. TA can be used as an effective tool in a wide range of contexts such as: personal development, management, coaching, counselling, psychotherapy, teaching, education, parenting and more.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Please see my website for full details
- Initial assessment is free.
- Individual counselling / psychotherapy : £45 for 60 mins
- individual psychotherapy for 90 mins/120 mins available
- Walk and Talk Therapy : A single individual session is required in order to discuss suitability for Walking therapy and thereafter I charge £165 for a block of 4 x 60 mins sessions