Elizabeth Karsberg (BA Hons), BPC accredited, CQSW
Are you facing personal struggles?
I am a fully qualified and accredited psychoanalytic psychotherapist. This means:
- I work with you to make long term changes to your emotional well-being and relationships.
- I work by exploring with you and addressing the causes of your unhappiness, not merely the symptoms.
- I work with individuals of 18 and upwards.
- My consulting room is a safe place where you can talk about your difficulties in confidence.
- At our first session I will explore your needs and give you the opportunity to see how I work. After that we would generally meet weekly and for as long as you need my support.
- I am registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council and follow its Code of Ethics and strict professional standards.
How I can help you using psychotherapy
I can help you if you have relationship difficulties, depression or anxiety, or something has happened in your life which you find difficult to cope with. You may be worrying about something that you are struggling to deal with on your own; or you feel overwhelmed by sadness or other difficult feelings.
Therapy can help you reflect in a different way to enable you lead a happier and more fulfilling life. Gaining insight and self awareness will enable you to think and act differently and make better decisions. You are likely to feel more empowered and less confused, in control of your feelings rather than being controlled by them.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of and trained with the British Psychotherapy Foundation.
- Registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council
- Accredited by the Professional Standards Agency.
- BA(Hons) in Psychology (University of Manchester).
- Worked as a registered social worker (CQSW qualified) for over 20 years specialising in adult mental heath.
- Specialist mental health mentor for students at the University of London (undergraduate and post-graduate).
- Two years as a bereavement counsellor.
- Two years honorary psychotherapist in NHS.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£70 per 50 minute session (reduced rates available for students)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available Monday to Wednesday during the morning and afternoons and Monday to Thursday evenings
Types of client