Dionne Sheen reg(MBACP), CBT Anxiety, mindfulness,relationships,panic,phobias.
Dionne is an experienced Counsellor, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and Hypnotherapist who currently runs a Professional Counselling Service in Bolton. Dionne has many years of experience working with children, young people, adults and couples, working in a variety of setting including – NHS, G.P. referrals, schools and teenage counselling services. "I work with vulnerable people in demanding & difficult circumstances. I strongly believe in helping people to develop awareness and coping strategies to help them to deal with demanding and challenging events".
Adults: Counselling is helpful for adults in treating many issues such as: relationship issues, general anxiety disorder, depression, anxiety, panic, OCD, eating disorders, anger management and many more. it is also very helpful in treating trauma and phobias.If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me on 0754 282 0678.
Relationship issues. A relationship can be siblings, parent and child or mum and dad and lack of communication can be a major problem in relationships, with individual’s mind reading and presuming they know what other family members are thinking and feeling. Not being able to express or talk about thoughts and feelings may create pressure on the relationships within families.
Couples. I work closely with couples helping them to look at and discuss problems occurring in adult relationships. The relationship, rather than the two individuals, is the 'client'. Pressures in our lives, work, money family and health all add to the strain. All of a sudden the relationship that once re-energised us leaves us exhausted and disappointed.
I have monthly supervision and I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am an integrative therapist and use whichever approach is most beneficial to my clients.
Please call 0754 282 0678 if you have any concerns or questions about counselling children.
TREATMENT FOR PHOBIAS/TRAUMA
Types of trauma include fear of flying, psychological bullying, physical and sexual assaults including rape and sexual abuse, car accidents, muggings/assaults, the witnessing of critical incidents, being trapped in lifts. The actual phobia or trauma does not have to be discussed, thus allowing the trauma to be treated both quickly and reliably, with a minimum level of distress to sufferers.
Hypnotherapy attempts to address an individual's subconscious mind, using the power of suggestion for beneficial change. A hypnotherapist uses hypnosis to give appropriate, positive suggestions to help an individual bring about the change they desire. Although hypnotherapy is not the same as sleep (the individual will still be in control and be aware of their surroundings), hypnotherapists often require the individual to be in a deeply relaxed state to enable them to use their imagination fully. It is therefore essential that the individual feels totally comfortable with their hypnotherapist.
Bridge House offers counselling in a confidential setting which is within easy access of Bolton Town centre, just off Chorley New Road (opposite Bolton School). Free parking. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
Dionne has worked with children, young people and adults for many many years at a number of organisations. Dionne currently works at various primary schools working with young children using play therapy and also as a private therapist and hypnotherapist at Bridge House.
Young peoples counselling
She offers a variety of counselling approaches to suit a client's needs including:
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Diploma & counselling skills certificate.
- CBT Diploma & certificate in CBT.
- Certificate of Theory & Practice in Couples & Relationship Counselling. (based on relate training model)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Hypno-psychotherapy.
- Registered current member of the BACP and Counselling North West
- Over 17 years experience working with and young people and adults.
- Vast experience of working in schools and privately with children of all ages using play therapy.
- Currently working in a local primary school
- Committed to ongoing professional development
- Engage in the recommended monthly supervision.
- Member of British Association of Play Therapists (BAPT)
- Current insurance
- CRB checked
- No waiting list, clients usually seen within one week.
- Minimum 24 hours notice of cancellation required otherwise full fee is payable.
Call Dionne on 0754 282 0678
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am an integrative counsellor, I tailor the sessions to suit a client's needs.
Mindfulness is a technique that often helps many people.
Planned mindfulness can help calm anxiety, stress and intrusive thoughts. MindFUlness helps your body and mind recover from everyday hustle and stress. Although the cause of the anxiety will not disappear, you will probably feel more able to deal with it once you have released the tension in your body and cleared your thoughts.
Mindfulness one of the most effective self-help activities for mental health. It can be a useful addition to any other form of treatment as well as being an effective measure to prevent the development of stress and anxiety, and at the end of the day to help you sleep.
Call: 0754 282 0678 for more details.
- Appointments can usually be offered within 1 week.
- Appointments are for a 50 minute session and cost £45.00 per session (private clients). Couples' counselling is £50.00 per session.
- Please telephone 0754 282 0678 for information on concessional rates.
- All fees are payable on the day by cash or cheque Or bank transfer.
- A block of six sessions may be paid in advance with a reduction of 10% being given. No refund is given if the six sessions are not taken.
- Call 07542820678, for more information or if you have any questions.
My office is based within Bolton and is within easy reach of Adlington, Ainsworth, Anderton, Bury, Chorley, Egerton, Edgeworth, Farnworth, Harwood, Heywood, Hindley Green, Little Lever, Great Lever, Lostock, Manchester, Middleton, Preston, Prestwich, Radcliffe, Ramsbottom, Rochdale, Salford, Swinton, Tottington, Walkden, Whitefield, Wigan and Worsley. Free parking available.
A course of treatment can be as short as 2 weeks or as long as 12 months, but in most cases a rapid intervention of approximately 6 - 10 weeks is usually sufficient and does not encourage long term dependency on the therapist.
Call Dionne on 0754 2820678
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday