Delton Edwards MBACP, Dip Counselling, Child & Adolescent Dip.
An experienced Counsellor, MBACP, Dip Therapeutic Counselling & Dip Counselling Children & Adolescents (with Distinction) and trained in Mindfulness. Fully Insured.
During my counselling experience, my main core theory is Person-Centred, working in a integrative holistic way, which has helped me in working with clients with different faiths and core values and I have respected each of their values and belief systems. This has meant offering the client unconditional, positive regard, empathy, being none judgmental and prizing the client for who they are.
Would you like to be truly heard, without expectation or judgement of who you are or what you should be? To find out what options you have in your life to find meaning and fulfilment? This is where counselling has been helpful for many people, as well as working with the issues and problems that can be brought to the counselling session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Working with Bullying in Counselling
- Working with the Narrative in Counselling
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect (Safeguarding)
- Information Governance
- Supervision Needs
- Sleep Training
- Mindfulness Awareness Session
- Growing Around Grief: Implications for Practice - Master Class Dr Lois Tonkin
- Modern Slavery - Adult Safeguarding
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Recognising Death and Dying
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Pain Management
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Nausea & Vomiting
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Constipation
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Breathlessness
- Valuing People, Improving Care - Glen Hinds
- Development Resilience to Burnout (Mindfulness)
- Intermediate Communication Skills - Concept Consultancy
- Advanced Communication Skills - Concept Consultancy
- Diploma Level 4 CPCAB - Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma Level 4 with Distinction - Counselling Children & Adolescents
- BACP Registered Counsellor - Certificate of Proficiency
- Level 3 CPCAB - Counselling Studies
- Level 2 CPCAB - Counselling Skills
- Introductory Level - Counselling
In my own practice, I have helped individuals suffering various issues and conditions, such as trauma, abuse, bereavement, post-traumatic stress, relationship problems, guilt, anger, low moods, low self-esteem, self-harmers and coping with long-term illness. This is by no means an exhaustive lists.
I work with clients of all ages with bereavement issues or terminal illness and family members of terminally ill and deceased patients at Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice.
I have counselled young people and adults with a wide range of issues at a locally based Sure Start Children’s Centre.
I have been a Client Cancer Case-Worker for Macmillan partnered with Age UK, providing support to clients with initial diagnosis of cancer, assisting with needs and provisions available by the charity, held group counselling sessions for clients and emotional support for families and on a one-to-one basis.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
I have worked with clients with a range of issues, such as, individuals who are suicidal, depressed, anxious, self-harming, trauma, having anger issues, bereaved, having had terminations, with complicated grief, parents suffering the loss of their child, individuals having chronic low self esteem, low in confidence, experienced abuse through alcohol or drugs, through domestic violence, burnout and clients who have chronic conditions, such as extreme epilepsy and clients with terminal cancer, amongst others. This also includes assisting clients who have relationship problems, compassion burnout and vicarious stress.
Over the past seven years, I have been selected in a voluntary capacity to instruct individuals form the ages of eight to eighty in a public speaking and a reading education programme. This programme assists participants to heighten their self-esteem and to build confidence in their own abilities. The participants’ skills range from those with limited reading abilities or who have speech impediments, to university graduates, who have joined the school in order to present themselves as public speakers both in front of an audience and speaking on a one-to-one setting. This has helped me to encourage others and help build their skill base and to develop my own skills in a supportive capacity.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and work to its code of ethics and have full liability insurance.
"When the skies grow dark, the start begin to shine"
"Increasingly I discover, that being alive involves taking a chance, acting on less than certainty, engaging in life"
"I prize and treasure you, because you are different from me"
"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power"
“The wrong people can be our greatest teachers”
“I am still here, has all my power really gone?”
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross & David Kessler
"Healing through meeting"
"To thine own self be true"
"We need to learn skills, often many skills that we did not learn in our families of origin"
Jean Illsley Clarke & Connie Dawson
"..And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time"
"Hope when all seems impossible"
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client