A warm welcome to you. I am a qualified psychotherapeutic counsellor and hypnotherapist with a varied experience of working with different ages and abilities. My style of counselling is best described as integrative and conversational. I provide a safe, supported, and confidential space for my clients, to enable them to explore issues that maybe from their past or present situations. I understand that it can feel overwhelming to talk to another person about such issues, so I create a comfortable and easy environment for my clients to begin the process. change and feeling stuck can be challenging for all of us at times. Talking and listening to discover how to overcome such challenges is the first step to creating a more positive and empowering quality of life and gaining self confidence. Counselling can be a journey of discovery , healing and finding a way forward, it just takes the first brave step.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling.
- Certificate in hypnotherapy and counselling skills.
- Certificate and training in colour therapy and sound.
- Training with Place2be. child protection and safety.
- Basic training in therapeutic counselling with St Georges community children's project.
- Counselling as a volunteer at Cranbrook School, working with 13 to 18 year old pupils.
- Caring for the elderly with dementia.
- I have worked and had training with a wide age group, young parents and youth support.
- Women's groups for personal development.
- Women's health and advice for pre and post menopause.
- Reiki... learning relaxation techniques for stress.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
- Free 15 minute phone consultation
- Assessment: £30
- Session: £40
Please contact me for availability, times and any other information you need.
These are some of the areas I can work with in counselling and hypnotherapy:
Relationships, sexually related problems, Phobias, anxiety/stress, panic attacks and related issues, Obsessive compulsive disorders, trauma, bereavement and loss.
Find my website at Deborah Lindsey Counselling Service.