DEBORAH KNIGHT COUNSELLOR Accred BACP couples/adults/teens & Mindfulness teacher
I'm very approachable fully qualified and accredited, a highly experienced counsellor with over 20 years clinical experience.
I trained with Relate since 1997 and my specialty is relationship counselling with couples and individuals and counselling teenagers.
I am currently running Mindfulness Courses in West Bridgford for adults and teens I am a Mindfulness teacher having trained with Bangor University, Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP)
In addition I have 8 years experience as an EAP counsellor with Nottinghamshire County Council and Nottinghamshire Police, working with employees around life events, the effects of workplace stress, personal and workplace dynamics and relationships.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Trained and qualified as a relationship counsellor with Relate since 1997.
- Advanced certificate Systemic Practice with families and couples.
- Accredited counsellor with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- 8 years experience as an EAP counsellor for local employees.
- Mindfulness Teacher offering 8 week Stress Reduction Courses
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
As a mindfulness teacher I also integrate mindfulness concepts into my therapeutic interventions, such as self care, relaxation, compassion and meditation.
- £45 per hour for individuals
- £70 per hour for couples
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekdays and some evenings and saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|