Debbie Daltrey MBACP (Reg.) Counsellor
Hi, I'm Debbie Daltrey, a fully qualified and registered counsellor. Sometimes it helps to talk, and sometimes it can help to talk to somebody who is impartial, non-judgemental, and in confidence.
I can help you with any emotional problems you may have, and together we can explore those issues. I will not tell you what to do, but I will listen and understand life from your point of view, as I ensure you feel heard and valued.
I work as an integrative therapist, this means that I am able to use tools from a variety of other therapies if required. I am trained in the person centred approach to counselling, and I am also trained in other therapies including NLP, EFT, and solution focused brief therapy. I also am a trained and experienced solution focused hypnotherapist. We work as a team and I will always work with you to discuss and jointly decide our approach.
Person centred counselling offers a non-judgemental approach to help you to find your way through problems, and it avoids any kind of analysis. Instead, you benefit from unconditional positive regard, empathy and congruence. These core conditions help to create a positive, firm foundation for a trusting therapeutic relationship. To feel safe is important as it helps you to explore thoughts, feelings and behaviours in a trusted environment.
In this way counselling can help you to rediscover a sense of wellbeing and peace. It is based on a humanistic philosophy that every individual has the ability to create a more positive, and satisfying way of life.
Talking is priceless. No problem is too big or too small.
If you feel that talking to somebody who is non-judgemental, impartial, and in a confidential environment might help, then please feel free to book a complementary initial consultation on my website on the ‘Book Now’ button at the top of the page. There's no better time to start than today. Or you can contact me by phone or email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Counselling with Brief Interventions
- FDA Level 5 Counselling with Brief Interventions
- Hypnotherapy Certification Master Level
- Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (DSFH)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD)
- NLP Master Practitioner
- NLP Certified Practitioner
- NLP Life Coach Practitioner
- Time Line Therapy Master Practitioner
- Time Line Therapy Practitioner
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Practitioner
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Practitioner Advanced
- Certificate for Mindfulness in Therapeutic Practice
- Level 5 Supervision for Supervisors in Hypnotherapy Diploma
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Free initial consultation face to face 50 minutes.
Counselling sessions £45
Hypnotherapy sessions £65
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments are available from Monday to Thursday, 10am to 8pm. Friday 10am - 3pm.
Types of client