Deb Dillon Registered MBCAP Adv Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
Whether you are experiencing anxiety, depression,relationship issues or overwhelm from life's struggles I offer a safe space to find support without judgement. Together we will explore the challenges you experience and discover your inner resources and tools to support you in your life.
- I understand it can take courage to talk to someone about your feelings and will bring compassion and my therapeutic experience to support the issues you are facing.
- I have had extensive experience working with anxiety and depression and understand how debilitating it can be to live with these overwhelming feelings every day. Together we will explore these issues. I will introduce new tools and ways of managing your feelings so that you can find balance and feel grounded. We will also explore deeper issues and how these relate to anxiety or depression and the way you engage with life. The deeper understanding you have of your own feelings and thoughts and how they relate to your behaviour and experience of the world the more likely it is to find ways to live life in ways that offer fulfillment, rest and balance.
- I have extensive experience working with adults and young people on issues related to Trauma either from childhood issues or one off events. I offer new ways of understanding how trauma impacts on every day life and support you to find ways to let go of patterns that have served in the past but now may seem to be holding you back from living life in the way you would choose.
- I will encourage you to challenge limiting beliefs and thoughts with kindness offering an opportunity for lasting change.
- I will bring my experience and skills as well as my belief that you are the expert of your world.
- I will support you to bring the past into the context of the present to see what meaning this has in your life now. This provides an opportunity to find ways of understanding your reality and resiliance to cope with tough times in your life.
- I work in a relational way, so creating a trusting relationship with you is key to the work I do. I believe there is opportunity to gain insight into our own ways of relating to others within a compassionate relationship.
- When appropriate and always with consent I may work with Sand Tray, writing therapy, or other creative mediums to help bypass the mind and support the therapeutic process.
- I offer a free first session so you can experience the way I work and see if you feel I am the right Counsellor for you to work with at this time. Please email or call me to arrange this on the above details.
Some of the issues I have worked on with Clients in Therapy
- anxiety and panic attacks
- childhood issues
Emotional, physical and sexual abuse
Difficulties relating to others.
- Trauma and post traumatic stress.
- lack of meaning in life
Bereavement and grief.
- Parenting issues
Training, qualifications & experience
My Current Work
- I work for the Dartmoor Counselling Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy giving Individual Therapy to Men, Women and Young People.
- I work in Private Practice giving Individual Therapy to Women, Young People and Men.
Qualifications and Past Work Experience.
- I have 10 years experience of working as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- Certificate in Humanistic Intergrative Counselling.
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Advanced diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA Honours in Humanities.
- I ran Therapy groups for Women and Young people who had experienced Domestic Abuse.
- I worked as a counsellor for Women's Aid for five years.
- I worked for Faces in Focus counselling young people of the ages 15 to 25
- I worked on the Children's Fund Project holding therapeutic groups for women and Young people.
- My personal experience of psychotherapy as a client and the support, insights and tools it has given me.
- I am 44 mother of two children and have been married for 10 years.
Self Development and Support
- I am a Registered member of the British Asoociation of Counsellors and abide by their code of ethics and practice
- I am committed to self development and regularly attend courses.
- I receive regular supervision for my work with clients so I am fully supported in the work I practice.
- I attend a monthly peer supervision group.
- I attend regular mindfulness workshops and retreats.
- I have attended yoga and meditation classes and retreats.
- A weekend in working with survivors of Abuse.
- Weekend working with Gestalt therapy and Group work.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- individual sessions of 60 minutes are £40
- Free first session.
My counselling sessions are held in Totnes, Dartington and Newton Abbot.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday to Friday day time with evening sessions available monday to Thursday.
Types of client