Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
I understand it takes courage to talk to someone about your feelings and how important it is to be met with warmth, kindness and compassion. Whether you have anxiety,depression,relationship issues or overwhelm from life's struggles, I offer a safe space to find support in your life without judgement
- I have had over 15 years of experience working with anxiety and depression and understand how these overwhelming feelings can impact every area of life.
- Counselling can bring immediate relief and permanent positive change, meaning anxiety and depression will no longer challenge you.
- I will support you with warmth, my experience and psychological tools, that will ease these distressing feelings and bring some choice back into your life.
- I believe the therapeutic relationship is key to the healing process and am committed to developing a relationship with you based on trust and kindness, where you can find acceptance.
- I have many years of experience working with adults and young people on issues related to trauma, past or present.
- Together we will find ways to challenge old limiting beliefs and thoughts with kindness, an opportunity to understand yourself more and bring more stability and peace into your life.
- I will encourage you to feel more comfortable setting boundaries that suit you.
- You do not need to be alone with your feelings, we will work together to enable you to feel less anxious in social situations.
- I will support you to let go of guilt and shame and not be haunted by them.
- Help with recognising self sabotaging behaviour and ways to drop coping mechanisms that no longer help.
- I have studied and worked extensively with issues relating to trauma and can help you to gain understanding of your nervous system and how it can impact day to day .
- I have experience of being a client too and value the support, compassion and lasting change it has brought to my life.
- If you would like to talk more about how counselling can help or you have questions please call me on 07921516918.
Some of the issues I have worked on with Clients in Therapy
- Anxiety , panic and panic attacks.
- Isolation and loneliness
- Low self worth
- Lack of meaning in life
Attachment and Relationship issues
- childhood issues
Emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- Self harm
- Suicidal thoughts and ideation.
- Trauma and post traumatic stress disorder.
- Grief and loss
- Parenting issues
Training, qualifications & experience
My Current Work
- I work for the Dartmoor Counselling Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy giving Individual Therapy to Men, Women and Young People.
- I work in Private Practice giving Individual Therapy to Women, Men and young people.
Qualifications and Past Work Experience.
- I have 15 years experience of working as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- Certificate in Humanistic Intergrative Counselling.
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Advanced diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA Honours in Humanities.
- Working with distress, self harm and suicidal thoughts.
- I ran Therapy groups for Women and Young people who had experienced Domestic Abuse.
- I worked as a counsellor for Women's Aid for five years.
- I worked for Faces in Focus counselling young people of the ages 15 to 25
- I worked on the Children's Fund Project holding therapeutic groups with women and young people.
- My personal experience of psychotherapy as a client and the support, insights and tools it has given me.
- I am 48 mother of two children and have been married for 15 years.
Self Development and Support
- I am a Registered member of the British Asoociation of Counsellors and abide by their code of ethics and practice
- I am committed to self development and regularly attend courses.
- I receive regular supervision for my work with clients so I am fully supported in the work I practice.
- I attend a monthly peer supervision group.
- I have attended mindfulness retreats with friends of the western Buddhist order.
- I practise yoga and meditation.
- A weekend in working with survivors of Abuse.
- Weekend working with Gestalt therapy and Group work.
- working with young people
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£35.00 - £50.00
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
When I work
I am available Monday to Friday day time with evening sessions available monday and Thursday.
My counselling sessions are held in Totnes and Newton Abbot.