Deb Dillon Registered MBCAP
I understand it takes courage to talk to someone about your feelings and how important it is to be met with warmth and compassion when you have taken this step to get support. Whether you are experiencing anxiety,depression,relationship issues or overwhelm from life's struggles I offer a safe space to find support without judgement.
I am also offering more online or telephone sessions, to meet the current covid19 situation. I also offer a sliding scale re fees, please feel free to email or call me to get any furthur information about this.
Together we will explore the difficulties you experience and discover your inner resources and find psychological tools to support you in your life.
- I firmly believe that the Counselling relationship is key to the therapeutic process, I am committed to developing a trusting relationship where you can feel safe to be yourself, free from judgement. I believe there is opportunity to gain insight into our own ways of relating to others within a kind and trusting relationship.
- I have had extensive experience working with anxiety and depression and understand how debilitating it can be to live with these overwhelming feelings. Counselling can offer tools to ease the distress of these feelings and a deeper understanding of yourself. We will work on how to relate to feelings in ways that can allow you to thrive.
- There will be opportunities to explore deeper issues and the way you engage with life. The more understanding you have of your own feelings and thoughts and how they relate to your behaviour and experience of the world, the more likely it is to find ways to live your life in ways that offer fulfillment, calm and balance.
- I have extensive experience working with adults and young people on issues related to trauma. I offer new ways of understanding how anxiety from trauma, impacts on every day life and can support you to find ways to change behaviour and thought patterns that feel stuck and inhibiting.
- I will encourage you to challenge limiting beliefs and thoughts with kindness offering an opportunity for lasting change.
- I will bring my ten years of experience as well as my belief that you are the expert of your own thoughts and feelings.
- You do not need to be alone with your feelings or fear, sharing our experiences of life is a human need and offers healing and change in itself. Loneliness and disconnection from others adds to our difficulties, often the act of asking for help instigates the healing process and can bring relief.
- I will support you to bring the past into the present to see how old beliefs and patterns may be affecting your reactions to the here and now. This provides an opportunity to find ways of understanding your struggles in life and new ways to cope with them.
- I have experience of counselling as a client too and valued the support, compassion and lasting change it has brought to my life.
- If you would like to talk more about how counselling can help or you have questions please call me on 07921516918.
Some of the issues I have worked on with Clients in Therapy
- anxiety and panic
- childhood issues
Emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- Self harm
- Suicidal thoughts
Difficulties relating to others.
- Trauma and post traumatic stress.
- lack of meaning in life
Bereavement and grief.
- Parenting issues
Training, qualifications & experience
My Current Work
- I work for the Dartmoor Counselling Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy giving Individual Therapy to Men, Women and Young People.
- I work in Private Practice giving Individual Therapy to Women, Men and young people.
Qualifications and Past Work Experience.
- I have 10 years experience of working as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- Certificate in Humanistic Intergrative Counselling.
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Advanced diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA Honours in Humanities.
- Working with distress, self harm and suicidal thoughts.
- I ran Therapy groups for Women and Young people who had experienced Domestic Abuse.
- I worked as a counsellor for Women's Aid for five years.
- I worked for Faces in Focus counselling young people of the ages 15 to 25
- I worked on the Children's Fund Project holding therapeutic groups with women and young people.
- My personal experience of psychotherapy as a client and the support, insights and tools it has given me.
- I am 46 mother of two children and have been married for 12 years.
Self Development and Support
- I am a Registered member of the British Asoociation of Counsellors and abide by their code of ethics and practice
- I am committed to self development and regularly attend courses.
- I receive regular supervision for my work with clients so I am fully supported in the work I practice.
- I attend a monthly peer supervision group.
- I have attended mindfulness retreats with friends of the western Buddhist order.
- I practise yoga and meditation.
- A weekend in working with survivors of Abuse.
- Weekend working with Gestalt therapy and Group work.
- working with young people
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- individual sessions of 60 minutes are £40
- first session £30
- I offer concessions.
- i am offering reductions in price for those affected by Covid19 please get in touch to discuss.
Concessions offered for
My counselling sessions are held in Totnes and Newton Abbot.