Dave Fussell (MBACP, Dip.Couns)
I offer individual counselling, working with clients experiencing a range of difficulties including:
· Poor self-image and self-esteem
· Compulsive behaviours
· High Internet Use
· Social anxiety
· Problems in relationships and relating
I work very openly with my clients and believe the most important thing is to build a good relationship between counsellor and client, a relationship where you can feel secure, accepted, and heard.
As an integrative counsellor, I draw upon a number of therapeutic approaches. This means that I can work with you flexibly in response to your specific issues and needs. We may look at your early years and experiences and see how they still might shape some of you behaviours today. We will also look at what is going on for you today and how you may be feeling here and now.
I also have knowledge and experience of successfully working with individuals of all ages in their recovery from addiction to computer gaming and adult internet porn. These behaviours create serious problems in both the individual as well as close family members and marital relationships.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Professional Studies - Counselling - University of the West of England
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling Skills - University of the West of England
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills - University of the West of England
- My experience includes working with clients at Cotswold Counselling for over 2 years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Initial Assessment - £20
Approaching counselling for the first time can be a daunting experience. I offer £20 initial consultation, lasting up to 50 minutes. It's for you to ask any questions about me and the counselling process, and to discuss any concerns you may have. This is also an opportunity for us to meet and get a sense of whether we can work together.
Individual Counselling - £40
Sessions last for 50 minutes and usually take place at the same time each week.
Counselling isn't about giving advice, it's exploring thoughts and feelings about issues and concerns and with the awareness that this creates, having an opportunity to discover how to more forward in life with this new knowledge.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
8am to 8pm Monday to Friday
Types of client