RegMBACP Counsellor, Psychotherapist & Clinical Supervisor
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Welcome to my profile! I am an experienced Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist working with adults, young people and older children in Private Practice in rural Buckinghamshire.
I specialise in anxiety disorders, whether generalised anxiety (GAD), health anxiety, OCD, or anxiety related to neurodivergence, supporting clients to manage and improve their lives and move through transitions positively.
Free Introductory Session.
Approaching counselling can be daunting and I want to ease this process. I would like to invite you for a free, exploratory session in which I can explain the way I work and we can both assess whether I might be the right Counsellor for you.
Working with Young People
My main area of expertise is in working with young people aged 9-24, something I have been doing for the past 14 years in a variety of settings, six of those as a Secondary School Counsellor.
Adolescence is a time of flux and I want to help young people navigate what can be a confusing process. Whether you are struggling to manage anxiety levels as exams approach, or struggling with your self –image, issues of identity or sexuality; whether you are coping with bullying, loss, bereavement, or difficulties in relationships at home or at school; whether you are feeling angry, depressed, overwhelmed, out of control, or struggling to cope; through the counselling process, I can help you make sense of what you are experiencing and support you in a warm, safe, confidential space as you work towards positive change.
I have founded and led a Secondary School's Anti- bullying Group, updated their diversity policy, helped other schools set up their anti- bullying groups, represented Buckinghamshire Schools at Stonewall’s National Education Conference and guest presented at AVDC's 'Preventing Bullying Conference’.
Parents If you are the parent or carer of a young person under 18, I’m more than happy to meet with you at this initial meeting to demystify the counselling process, although the body of any counselling session would remain confidential.
Sometimes it is appropriate to book more than one, initial joint session with your child and in this case, these sessions are charged from £60 pro rata.
Parent and child reviews are a minimum of one hour and begin at £65.
Working with Adults
I offer counselling to adults, especially those involved in Education, whether as parents, employees, students or counselling trainees. Having worked in Education for over ten years, I am aware of the particular stresses involved in this field.
Working with grief, in particular after the loss of a child.
In addition, as a bereaved parent of an infant with a life-limiting condition and as a trained Befriender with SANDS (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity), I understand this very particular experience of loss and can support both parents and siblings through the grieving process.
How I work
The principles of Person- Centred Counselling are at the core of my practice, with its emphasis on the quality of the counselling relationship. I provide a warm, safe space, in which I will work alongside you at your pace, as you explore what is bothering you and work towards positive change.
I integrate Psychodynamic Theory and Transactional Analysis (T.A) to offer a deeper understanding of your personal history, relationships and communication style and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness, to offer an additional array of practical techniques to address depression and anxiety.
In all of my practice I am guided by the ethics of the B.A.C.P: The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists, a professional body to which I belong, as a registered member. I regularly attend Child Protection Training and am enhanced D.B.S checked and am fully insured.
Availability and cost of counselling
- My counselling space is on the ground floor, with a very low step to navigate and I have available free parking outside.
- Sessions last 45-50 minutes and are charged at £55.
- Sometimes it feels appropriate to contract for hourly sessions and these will be £65.
- For combined parent& child sessions, sessions are £60
- Reviews with parents last a minimum of one hour and begin at £65.
- The availability of counselling is important to me.I do offer a limited number of concessionary appointments, including a discount on my fees to £45 for counselling trainees and £50 for Uni students. Please feel free to raise this in your initial enquiry.
- I can offer telephone counselling if we have already met in person or via a screen. This will be at the same cost as a face- to- face session.
I hope I have gone some way in answering any potential questions, but if there is anything you would like clarified, or if there is anything else you would like to know, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email and I will get back to you promptly.
As I live in a rural area, email is the most reliable means of communication as mobile signals tend to drop out.
Training, qualifications & experience
- C.P.C.A.B: Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- C.P.C.A.B: Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- C.P.C.A.B: Diploma in Therapeutic Integrative Counselling with T.A & C.B.T
- C.P.C.A.B: Certificate in Counselling Studies
- BACP Register Certificate of Proficiency
- T.A Works Oxford: Transactional Analysis Foundation
- Oxford University –T.A.101: ITA Institute of Transactional Analysis
- SANDS Befriender Training
Recent Additional Training/CPD
- 2022- Christiane Sanderson: Obsessions, Ruminations & Intrusive thoughts.
- 2022- Dr Richard G. Erskine: The Narcissistic Dilemma.
- 2021- Dr Richard G. Erskine: Unconscious Relational Patterns, Cumulative Neglect and Therapeutic Involvement.
- 2021- Dr Richard G. Erskine: Applying Child Development Theory & Research in Psychotherapy with Adult Clients.
- 2020- Safeguarding
- 2019- Christiane Sanderson: Understanding the Intergenerational Transmission of Trauma and Abuse.
- 2019- David Wallin: Attachment, Enactment and the Psychology of the Therapist.
- 2018- Arielle Schwartz: Complex PTSD: A Comprehensive, Mind-Body Approach to Treating Clients with Chronic, Repeated, and/or Developmental Trauma
- 2018- BACP Private Practice Conference: Grief and Loss
- 2018- BACP Children and Young People Conference- Working with Children in their World
- 2018- Arielle Schwartz- Somatic Therapy: Interventions to Enhance Embodiment in Trauma Treatment.
- 2017- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder- Sally Ingram.
- 2017- The Impact of Anxious Attachment from the cradle to the grave- Julia Greer
- 2017- Attachment Theory and the Internal Working Models of children- Nikki Reeves
- 2017- BACP Private Practice Conference- Identity.
- 2016- Nick Luxmore: Young People and Sexuality
- 2016- C.A.M.Hs: Eating Disorders in Young People
- 2015- Child centered CBT: metaphor and imagery in children aged 7-11.
- 2015- Child Bereavement UK: adolescence and bereavement.
- 2015- Papyrus: working with young people to prevent suicide.
- 2014- Place2Be: A day with Steve Biddulph- ‘Being Human’.
- 2014- Sexual Exploitation of Young People and Overview of ‘R. U. Safe?’.
- 2011/12/13- Addaction: Drug & Alcohol Awareness in Young People
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Additional Sessions to address Exam Stress
In addition to working with generalised anxiety, I also offer tailored therapy for exam stress, for students with upcoming exams. This can be on an individual basis, or in pairs with a friend, in which case the cost can be split between you. This would consist of two sessions of one hour each:
- Session 1: an exploration of what makes you anxious, the biological response+ introductory relaxation technique.
- Session 2: practical strategies to address anxiety around revision and sitting exams, extended relaxation technique.
The cost: £50 for one session; £95 for two. Further sessions can be booked, if needed.
I have worked with a number of students suffering from chronic anxiety to help them minimise their anxiety levels, enabling them to maintain school attendance, sit exams and achieve their potential and thereby expand their life chances and I would like to do the same for you!
Feel free to contact me for more details or to book sessions.
From £45.00 to £65.00
Free initial in-person or online session
Concessions offered for
£45- Counselling student trainees.
£55- Individual 50minute session; £65- individual hour long session.
£60- Parent and child joint session.
£65- Review with parents, at a minimum of 1hr and charged pro rata,
Supervision: Free introductory session, then £55p/hr, £75p/hr+1/2, £95 for 2hrs. Concessionary rate for a limited number of L4 Counselling trainees: £50 p/hr, £70 p/hr+1/2
If I am traveling to you, to counsel in your home, I charge a nominal £10 towards my petrol costs.
When I work
Mon- Thurs: 10:00- 19:00