Daniel Glass MBACP (Accred) MA (Cantab) PgDip (Regents)
Depression, anxiety, relationship issues, career issues, patterns in your life you can't seem to escape...I provide an open and non-judgemental space for you to start to make some sense of these issues, and to find your way out of them, in a process that roughly follows these three stages:
Stage 1: Explore the problem in an empathetic, non-judgemental environment.
Stage 2: Clarify the key patterns and themes; put it all into context and gain insight.
Stage 3: Use this insight to start moving towards a richer, more pleasurable life.
- Free 45 minute initial consultation where you get a sense of how therapy can help you. If it sounds like it could, then this leads to….
- An initial six-session module. Towards the end of the module you can choose a further module, or ‘open-ended therapy’, depending on what we feel would work best.
For more about how I work, take a look at the 'Any further information' section.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Currently: Private psychotherapy clinic in Hendon NW4; Psychotherapist in an IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) service in North London.
- Experience: Integrative counsellor in NHS, Edgware Community Hospital; Psychotherapist at Raphael charity.
- I have worked with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, abuse, low self-confidence, obsessive compulsive disorder, weight issues, career issues, bereavement, self-harm, stress, work-related stress, suicidal thoughts and a range of other issues.
- Accredited member of BACP .
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Regents University; Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Regents College; APT Accreditation level 1 in CBT; MA Cambridge University;
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Free 45 minute initial consultation. £60 fee per session. Discretionary concessionary rates.
My way of working is 'Existential/Integrative'. This is a long-established model of therapy, , developed in the UK, US and Europe and used successfully for over 60 years.
Existential therapy helps you to get better acquainted with yourself by exploring the various contradictions and paradoxes that often make understanding yourself such a challenge. Through this, it helps you to discover unexpected areas of freedom in your life, places where you often thought up to this point of your life that there were no options or choices available.
This newfound, developing sense of freedom - which includes the freedom to embrace difficult thoughts and emotions - helps you to start making changes in your life and to gain more pleasure from life. But, at the same time, it can be daunting to make changes, and part of my role is to support you through this process and to help you to become better able to deal with the challenges ahead, to be able to start leading a richer, more balanced and more fulfilling life.
The 'integrative' part of 'Existential/Integrative' means that I also incorporate approaches from other core therapeutic models into my work, in particular from psychodynamic and humanistic psychotherapy.
I work with adults, young people, older adults and trainees
I offer long-term face-to-face work, short-term face-to-face work and time-limited face-to-face work.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Thursday mornings and evenings (from 5.30) Friday morning Sunday evening
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|