Cristina Odigie-Bulnes, Psychotherapist, MA, UKCP Reg.
With a passion for helping children, young people and adults make sense of things and grow their personal resilience, I aim to empower clients so that they can shift feelings, thoughts and behaviours that have become hard to manage and understand.
The core aim of psychotherapy is to help young and adult clients feel more integrated and, as a result, feel more secure in and better about themselves, their abilities and relationships.
My assessment and therapeutic work with children and adolescents involves identifying needs and difficulties they experience rather than making mental health or neurodevelopmental diagnoses. I then suggest therapeutic and support plans (which can include parents/carers sessions for reflective thinking), or signpost to more appropriate services if needed.
Individual support to adult clients focusses on any matters that might be causing distress such as parenting challenges, work, relationships, anxiety, major life changes, and past experiences. My specialist child psychotherapy training, work and skills enables me to effectively support adult clients who are experiencing the negative effects of childhood difficulties or trauma, offering them a containing, safe and non-judgemental space where they can process and make sense of things.
In order to adapt the support I offer to my clients' needs, as an integrative psychotherapist I use a variety of psychotherapy theories and creative interventions that match individual needs and enable clients to explore their issues in a way that feels safe and non-threatening.
If you would like to talk with me to discuss your concerns and needs, please reach me on my mobile. I know that it can be hard to make this first call so if I am unable to pick up your call, please text me or leave me a voice message with your name and contact details, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
* Masters in Integrative Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy (Terapia and Middlesex University, London)
* Certificate in the Foundations of Counselling and Psychotherapy (CCPE, London)
* Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma (Lindum College, Lincoln)
* Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology (London Metropolitan University, London)
* Certificate in Assessment and Treatment of Dissociation in Children and Young People (BICTD in association with ESTD and First Person Plural)
* Registration with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) - the UK's leading professional body for the education, training and accreditation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors.
* Enhanced DBS Check
* Member of the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation (ESTD)
I have worked therapeutically with children, young people and adults for more than seven years in places such as London, Nottingham, Lincoln and Barnsley. This includes years delivering therapeutic support to parents and carers around parenting, child development, attachment, special needs and mental health in a Family Intervention Service in London, and two years working as a child psychotherapist in a Barnsley charity that provided a range of excellent services for young and adult survivors of sexual abuse/violence and their relatives and close ones.
Extensive work with families and individuals from a variety of backgrounds, needs and life experiences keeps me open-minded and understanding.
I combine my freelance work in special secondary schools in Lincolnshire with a private practice in Lincoln where I work with young and adult clients.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- School Refusals
- Mourning, Bereavement and Loss
- Parent-Infant Relationships
- Trauma and Attachment Difficulties in Children and Adolescents
- Single Consultation Session (individuals; parents/carers) - £65 for a 60-minute session
- Therapy Session (children, adults) - £52 for a 50-minute session; specialist psychotherapy sessions are costed depending on individual needs
- Family or Review Session - £65 for a 60-minute session
I provide freelance school-based psychotherapy services in two special schools in Lincoln. My work involves combining key child psychotherapy theories, trauma-informed psychotherapy, person-centred therapy, and creative alternatives such as play, art and sandtray therapies. This integrative approach helps reach to students with a variety of needs and developmental stages, and facilitate their self-healing processes.
Also, I deliver training sessions to agencies, schools and professionals in Lincolnshire and Yorkshire on relevant subjects such as: Attachment Theory (adults, children and youth); Brain Neurobiology and the Importance of Close Relationships; Trauma and its Impact on the Brain and the Body; and Emotional Regulation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client