Costa Costi Reg MBACP
Welcome to my page
Do you feel that you have more questions than answers? Do you ever feel the need that you want to reach out and speak to someone without the fear of being judged and not taken serious?
At times, life can be tough. It can present us all with different challenges along the way, which can cause difficult periods. This can lead to feeling alone and isolated. Counselling means that you do not have to struggle alone. It can allow you to gain insight and understanding. Furthermore, sharing can give you a sense of relief.
Taking the initial step can feel like an enormous challenge, but every journey, whether long or short has to start from somewhere.
It is the core of who I am as a person, and I like to be there for others when they are faced with a challenge. I believe that there is always an outcome after a struggle, and it does not have to be a negative one.
I offer a warm, empathetic, respectful, and trustworthy approach. My background in Humanistic Integrative prioritises, and focuses on the client-therapist relationship, which is central to a successful therapeutic bond. Within your own pace, we can gradually begin to uncover & explore your thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
Please feel free to contact me to arrange an initial session. Here, we will be able to talk about what you would like to explore in counselling, and whether you feel we could work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Abuse and dysfunctional relationships
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Issues with addiction
- Issues with unhappiness
- Low self esteem and confidence building
- Relationship issues
- Stress management
- Suicidal thoughts
- A BSc Psychology completed at LSBU
- A National Diploma in Sports and Recovery completed at CONEL
- An Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling completed at CPPD
To deepen my practice and to further expand my knowledge and skills, I regularly attend professional development courses, and ongoing supervision. This enables me to offer my clients practice of effective standards.
- Completing introductory sessions to ensure that people are provided with tailor made, suitable care for their needs.
- Supporting others through short and long term therapy, face to face, and online.
- Working together with individuals from a variety of different ages, backgrounds and cultures, who are new to, and familiar with counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
The initial 50 minute consultation is at a reduced cost of £50
Fee's for further 50 minute sessions will be £60.
I would appreciate if payment is made in cash.
There is one flight of stairs (14 steps) leading to the therapy room.
Toilet facilities are also available.
Nearest bus station is Turnpike Lane. Buses that stop at this destination are 123, 144, 217, 231, 444, 617.
Nearest Tube station is Turnpike Lane.
Nearest Railway Station is Hornsey.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
There is one flight of stairs (14 steps) leading to the therapy room. Toilet facilities are available.
- Monday - 12:00pm to 7:00pm
- Thursday - 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Alternatively, please ask me for my availability if these times and days do not suit.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|