Welcome! Lots of profiles, aren't there?
The paradox of choice sets in; how do I choose the right person? IS there a right person? What even is Gestalt therapy anyway? The truth is, there is no way of knowing until you try. There aren't any 'wrong' choices, and you will learn what you are looking for as you explore. But there is something that brought you here, isn't there?
I am an integrative counsellor and coach, with experience in working with a range of complex issues and in challenging situations. My approach is collaborative, active, and holistic. I offer a reliable, confidential and non-judgemental space to help you explore your inner thoughts and feelings and support you in times of transition, distress and emotional need. We all have the right to be heard and seen. Sometimes we get stuck along the journey of life and encounter challenging thoughts and emotions. Experience the freedom of living authentically, with a life of meaning and joy.
As you may have seen there are many qualified Counsellors, Psychotherapists, and Coaches. I am one too - but here is the interesting part - I combine all three approaches! Gaining understanding and insight into who you are, what you are experiencing, and how you can find a way to manage these thoughts, feeling and emotions is extremely powerful, and empowering.
- Please call or email to set up an initial session
- We talk about what you want to get out of counselling & you can see if you would like to work together
- If you're happy to continue, we will set up further sessions at a time that works and begin our work together
I look forward to speaking with you!
Training, qualifications & experience
My background is in social theory and research, with a focus on suicide; its causes, prevalence in a variety of societies, and what can be done to prevent it. After volunteering with MIND (a charity with a helpline for people in distress) I wanted a more active role in helping people, so I qualified as a therapist. I have a Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Coaching and I am currently completing my MSc at the University of East London.
Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Psychotherapy & Coaching approaches integrated:
- Psychodynamic (your past and relationships, the role of the unconscious, defense mechanisms)
- Existential (meaning making, managing anxiety evoked by mortality/isolation/meaninglessness)
- Gestalt (integrating different aspects of the self into a united whole, emphasis on the therapist being 'involved' & using the relationship)
- CBT (inter-connectivity of thoughts, emotions and behaviour - understanding the impact of our 'core beliefs', homework between sessions)
- Person-Centred ('self-actualising' tendency of people in right circumstances, unconditional positive regard, shared 'frame of reference')
- Solution Focused (strengths-based approach, pre-existing solutions & client capabilities are available to utilise)
- Transactional Analysis (Parent/Child/Adult ego states, relational/relationship patterns with ourselves and other people)
- Coaching (varied models: GROW/Skilled-helper - more focus on future goals, achieving behaviour change, overcoming obstacles)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Life Coaching, Career Coaching, Relationship issues, self-worth, Lifestyle management, Social anxiety,
£70.00 per session
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
**I offer concession rates for NHS keyworkers & students