Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a qualified counsellor with vast experience supporting clients in all aspects of life. I am committed to delivering client-centered support that gradually empowers individuals and enables them to make informed decisions. I possess a detailed understanding of the BACP Professional Conduct and Ethical Framework and apply such standards in interactions with clients and colleagues. Sound knowledge of various theoretical counselling approaches including CBT and Solution-focused, and their application in real-world settings. Areas of expertise include bereavement, addiction, depression, anxiety and brain injury, etc.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERTISE
• Experience and extensive knowledge of interpersonal dynamics, approaches to therapy, and its application.
• Extensive experience and far-reaching knowledge of Brain Injury utilizing skills in psychology and social work
• I have experience liaising with service users from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures, developing my anti-discriminatory practice and understanding of interpersonal dynamics. I demonstrate a calm and understanding approach when working with families and in high-risk environments and have dedicated years to honing skills in inspection, assessment, audit, and review of services and have applied these abilities to continue improving my performance. My understanding of empathy and interpersonal dynamics are excellent working in Mental Health as a Counsellor and Project Coordinator
• Experience in working closely with psychologists, social workers, teachers, and general practitioners to help clients to develop independence and community integration
• Knowledge of legislation such as Valuing people 2001, Mental Health Act 2007, Human Right Act 1998, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Equality Act 2009, Care Standards Act 2000 and Disability Discrimination Act 1995
• Experience working with people with a range of needs including severe mental disabilities
• Experience working with families and service users in high-risk environments
• Knowledge of working with Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism
Training, qualifications & experience
MA (Hons) Pluralistic Counselling & Psychotherapy
BA (Hons) Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
Dip (Hons) Counselling Psychotherapy & Psychometrics
Diploma in Jungian Archetypes
Certificate in Addiction, & Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): The Neuroscience behind Developmental/Attachment Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences.
- Diploma in Psychology
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Understanding & Managing Loneliness
- Certificate on Addicted Brain
- Motivational Interviewing & the Spirit of M.I. Certificate
- Certificate in Confidentiality
- Certificate in Challenging Behaviour
- Certificate in Recording Skills
- Certificate in Equality Act
- Certificate in Safeguarding Adults Legislation
- Certificate in Self Harm and Suicide Awareness
- Certificate in Sex and Disability (2008)
- Psychopharmacology and Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Rainbows Bereavement Group
- Assist Suicide Prevention
- Sex and Sexuality
- Novel Psychoactive Compounds
- Drugs Awareness
- The Addicted Brain
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery Certificate
- Mental Capacity Act
- Safeguarding Children
- Motivational Interviewing
- Working with Trans-identified and Trans-historied Clients
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
When I work
Available evenings and Saturdays by appointment