Hi and welcome to my profile. If you are visiting my page, you might be looking for a new direction, or feeling a little uncomfortable, overwhelmed by facing life transitions.
For some its gaining a deeper insight as to why you constantly find certain patterns repeating in your life.
I am here to help. I have over 20 years experience to offer you.
I am a BACP / NCS accredited counsellor, this demonstrates my commitment to providing you a safe, highly professional ethical standard of knowledge and skill. The accreditation is awarded to professionals who have taken the additional time to evidence their advanced knowledge and skills. The accredited register highlights professionals who recognise and commit to providing and maintaining a progressive standard, ability and quality of professional service.
I am a dedicated Counsellor/Supervisor and I am fully committed to enable and empower you to achieve. I offer you a lifetime of experience in dealing with lifestyle difficulties. I can support you with most difficulties including Anxiety, Depression, Shyness, Relationship problems, Trauma, Eating disorders, Anger management, Stress, Family difficulties, Parenting concerns, Addictions, Abuse and Self-esteem.
Any age from 9 years and above.
I offer a free telephone assessment if needed, so we can get organised and start making those positive changes.
Due to my extensive background and skills I am currently sourced by outside agencies to support teenagers, families, and parents on reducing conflicts and stresses in family life and improve communication in gaining healthier attachments in relationships.
My accomplishments involve working comprehensively with:
- Supporting disadvantaged children in building their trust, confidence and self-esteem
- Empowering men, women, and young people who have experienced domestic abuse
- Enabling children and young people who are or have been a “Looked After Child”
- Supporting individuals in dealing with Redundancy, Loss, and Bereavement
- Working in HMP to address outstanding issues and current dysfunctional behaviour associated with addictions, drugs and alcohol misuse
- Supporting families with children with diagnosed or undiagnosed learning difficulties, social and school phobias
If you need help with work/life balance, relationships, coping with change, redundancy, adjusting to parenthood or settling into school, college or university, or feeling you are not 'fitting in' then please email me.
What to expect
My approach is tailored to the individual and is underpinned by my belief that we are all unique, and have the right to be accepted and appreciated for who we really are.
My goal is for us to achieve together a mental tool box that will always be available, be full of resilience tools, resources you can facilitate in building better relationships, healing the hurt, addressing negative thoughts and feelings, overcome the fear, to recognise and facilitate your strengths. Once you have these empowerment tools they are there for life and can be shared with others.
I can and will help you deal with any issue. My aim is to empower you to grow confidence, self-worth, and belief and have the courage to progress along your life's pathway... Let’s speak soon.
What happens now?
Send me an email, outline what you would like support with. I shall aim to contact you within the first 48 hours.
I am an Integrative Counsellor, I abide by the BACP ethical framework for good practice. I hold an Enhanced DBS (previously known as the CRB)
I am happy to take referrals from individuals, a parent or carer; GPs and the NHS; voluntary or statutory services, educational settings or corporate sector.
Training, qualifications & experience
· Level 5 Diploma in Counselling Supervision
· Level 4 Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
· Cognitive Behaviour Counselling
· Drugs & Alcohol Counselling
· Certification on Sexual Abuse
· Relate Certification Couples Counselling
· Brief Solution Focused Theory & Practice
· Counselling for Eating Disorders
· LDSS Diploma Development Support Services For Children and those who care for them
· Attachment & Loss
· Play Therapy Workshop
· ESBC Multi agency Safeguarding Children Foundation Training Level 2
· Rewind Training (used for PTSD sufferers)
· Nottingham University IAPT Counselling for Depression
· CDS Certificate in Independent support service to families & young people with disabilities.
· Certificate Coaching & Peer Mentoring for “At Risk” Teenagers
· Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
A member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Membership No: 547451.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
You may have tried other types of counselling before and found they did not seem to work for you, I offer a broad spectrum of therapeutic interventions, workshops or 1:1 sessions.
- SEND (Special Educational Needs Disability) Autism/Aspergers/ ADHD
- Work and Career issues
- Management bullying
- DisabilitySurvivors of violence
- Domestic abuse
- Coaching/Workshops with teenagers with a school phobia or finding it difficult to go into school
- Witness to Domestic abuse
- Troubled Teenagers
- Finding meaning & direction in life
- Repeating unhelpful behaviour
- Developing self-awareness
- A pattern of things that keep going wrong
- Anger management
- Identity issues
- Panic/anxiety attacks
- Feeling angry and 'out-of-control' with anger
- Dealing with the after effects of parent's splitting up
- Experiencing bullying
- Cyber bullying
- Recovery from abuse or other kinds of trauma
- Anxiety about sexuality
- Feeling depressed or suicidal
- Help you to take control of your life
- Self-esteem & confidence issues
If you would like the opportunity to speak to me prior to commencing Counselling, I offer a free initial half hour consultation by phone.
My Counselling fee structure allows for some flexibility, fees start from £50 individuals £70 Couples. I offer a 5% discount if 4 sessions are paid for in advance.
Weekend appointments limited availability.
Cancellation policy discussed in consultation.
Telephone Sessions £50.00
Paid block sessions of 4 gains a 5% discount
Day, Evenings, Some availability at weekends
Family in need of solutions
If you are seeking answers to difficulties then I can help. I have supported families and teenagers daily for 20 years. I can offer you an individual package to suit your family needs.
All families are unique and the answer to solving long term/current difficulties is not on the Internet or in a textbook, it requires a human touch, a facilitator who has the skill and specialities in recognising strengths and can guide your children through the difficult times. Encourage positive change in a sensitive and secure atmosphere and ensure they have life time skills to apply through any difficulty they may face.