Clare Harrison - Registered MBACP Counsellor working with Adults & Teenagers 14+
Hi, my name is Clare.
I have over six years' experience counselling adults, young people and older adults. I provide a safe environment for you to explore past or present experiences that may be causing you distress to explore ways of feeling better and finding more enjoyment in life. Sessions are at your pace in a safe, caring and confidential space.
My aim throughout the counselling sessions is to offer you.....
- a place to talk
- a place to be heard
- a place to share
- a place to express
- a place to learn
- a place to accept
- a place to resolve
- and a place to build new beginnings.
Together we can explore challenges and concerns that you are facing, explore your thoughts and feelings and the the way you see the world. We can make sense of your experiences, find a way through your concerns and gain a better understanding of yourself and your feelings.
This enables us to discover a way forward to a better place, a happier calmer place, feeling more confident and at ease, where lasting changes can be made enabling you to build new beginnings and enjoy life again.
I am passionate about counselling and benefits that it can bring to our lives in alleviating distress bringing about growth and change and how this growth can provide a new perspective and meaning to our lives.
Finding the right Counsellor is so important and is key to the success of your journey, therefore, it may take a while to meet the right Counsellor who you really feel a connection with.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Over 6 years experience counselling men, women and young people
- Experience in short, medium and long term work
- ISAS (Incest and Sexual Abuse Survivors 2011 - 2017)
- Homestart (parents 2015-2016)
- College Counselling Services (students 2014-2016)
- Diploma - Theory & Practice of Counselling
- Certificate - Counselling Skills
- Certificate - Counselling Concepts
What to do next
Email, call or text:
- Please feel free to email or call in confidence, this will help you decide whether I am the right Counsellor for you. I am happy to discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have.
- After speaking with me we can arrange a meeting session. This thirty minute session provides an opportunity for us to meet and a place for you to give me some idea of what brings you to counselling. You can talk over your expectations and concerns and it gives us the opportunity to see how we might work together. There is no obligation to see me again after this meeting session.
- Alternatively we can arrange an initial appointment for you to see how we might work together. It is a place where I can get a real understanding of what brings you to counselling so that I can shape the counselling session to meet your needs. There is no obligation to see me again after this session.
- Alternatively you can arrange a counselling session. Sessions are usually held weekly, we can arrange a set number of sessions or leave it open depending on your needs. We regularly look at how it's going and work together on preparing to end. During this first session we go through a Counselling agreement
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Fees per session
£20 Meeting session - 30 minutes (optional session)
£35 Counselling session for adults and young people - 60 minutes
£25 Counselling Students - concessionary rate for course requirement 60 minutes
The counselling sessions are held in Grantham Lincolnshire.
- Situated in Grantham close to Asda
- 15 minutes walk from Grantham bus station and railway station
- Disabled Access
Please call or email me in confidence. If I'm not available please leave me a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
- Undertaken Safeguarding training (September 2017)
- Current public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- An enhanced DBS check
- Monthly supervision (BACP requirement)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/ Thursday and Saturday. Evening appointments are available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|