Clare Harrison - Registered MBACP Counsellor supporting Adults/Young People 16+
With many of us living in uncertain times, with some restrictions on our lives and the fear of what may lie ahead this is leading to many people feeling anxious alongside and a sense of being trapped and a desire for some direction in life. Perhaps this is reminding you of difficult times that you have been experienced in the past and with some of our usual ways of relaxing feeling uncertain or removed its hard to find enjoyment in life. Does this sound like you?
Right now its so important to stay connected with others, to talk and be heard, to feel valued, to laugh and have fun and to know that you are not alone. Whilst we need to maintain physical distancing I have slowly re-started to work face to face sessions. However, I continue to work online and on the telephone for those who prefer this way of working. We can still connect socially and emotionally this way. If you need support finding your way through this challenging time please do get in touch. I know this is a difficult time and I am here for you.
Hi, my name is Clare
Are you finding life hard at the moment and would you like to feel better about yourself and happier in your relationships?
Are you feeling criticised by people? Are you constantly in search of happiness and tired of having to prove yourself to others? Perhaps you believe that everyone is better than you? Are you an observer watching others enjoying their lives whilst you feel dissatisfied with yours?
Perhaps you feel invisible to others? Are you feeling alone? Is this affecting your relationships with family, friends, colleagues or your partner?
Do you feel stuck? Maybe you are tired of this endless cycle and you feel ready to look for support and this is what has brought you here.
You may have a clear idea of what you want help to explore or you might not and this is fine. You can use the time to explore anything that you would like to bring at your pace.
I can help you by:
- listening to you and by being there for YOU, a place where you are free to say whatever you want.
- exploring your experiences, thoughts and feelings
- exploring your past and present relationships
- enabling you to work out what you need to make you feel fulfilled.
- helping you to understand yourself and your needs.
- discovering what beliefs might be holding you back.
When you work with me you can:
- discover what you need to feel fulfilled.
- value you and grow in confidence.
- find your voice and freedom from unwanted behaviours and beliefs.
- see more clearly how your past experiences have shaped how you think, feel and behave now.
- find coping strategies and new ways that help you.
- feel good and enjoy uncomplicated relationships.
My aim is to help you better understand yourself and your life and learn new more effective ways of living a satisfying life in a safe and secure environment. I hope to provide an environment where you feel supported to explore yourself, and safe and motivated to make the changes you desire.
I work from a cabin in my garden in a peaceful location. I able to see you during the day, evening or on Saturday mornings. We can work together long or short term dependant on your needs - there is no fixed rule, its about what you, as an individual, feel you need. I truly believe change is possible so please do get in touch.
Please call/text 07834810932 or email me to make an appointment
When you come to see me you can expect:
- a safe, secure, quiet and relaxed environment
- a down to earth person with a honest, warm, caring approach
- a confidential space
- to be treated with respect and without judgement
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Over 9 years experience counselling men, women and young people
- Experience in short, medium and long term work
- Private Practice (2017 to present)
- ISAS (Incest and Sexual Abuse Survivors 2011 - 2017)
- Homestart (parents 2015-2016)
- College Counselling Services (students 2014-2016)
- Diploma - Theory & Practice of Counselling
- Certificate - Counselling Skills
- Certificate - Counselling Concepts
- Diploma - Social Care
What to do next
Email, call or text:
- Opening up, sharing painful experiences and showing vulnerability is often difficult and painful, therefore, it is important to find the right therapist for you so please feel free to email or call in confidence. I am happy to discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have. You may feel you would like to meet me before deciding if I am right for you.
- Alternatively we can arrange an initial appointment for you to see how we might work together. It is a place where we can get a real understanding of what brings you to counselling and talk about the counselling process. In this initial meeting we can understand your needs and goals for counselling and design the therapy towards your needs. If you are happy to we can then arrange a agreement together to establish the length and meeting times of the sessions. Counselling can last for a few sessions, several weeks or months depending on your needs.
- Sessions are usually held weekly, this can be changed to suit your needs. We can arrange a set number of sessions or leave it open depending on your needs. We regularly look at how it's going and work together on preparing to end.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees per session
£40 Counselling session for adults and young people - 60 minutes
£30 Counselling Students - concessionary rate for course requirement 60 minutes
Concessions offered for
The counselling sessions are held in Grantham Lincolnshire.
- Situated in Grantham close to Grantham Hospital
- Two Minute walk to bus stop takes you into Grantham Town centre
- Disabled Access
Please call or email me in confidence. If I'm not available please leave me a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
- Undertaken Safeguarding training
- Current public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- An enhanced DBS check
- Monthly supervision (BACP requirement)