Clare Harrison - Registered MBACP Counsellor working with Adults & Teenagers 16+
Hi, my name is Clare.
Are you looking for a safe place to talk to someone?
Are you struggling with trauma, are you worried or anxious much of the time or feeling overwhelmed with life? Maybe you are feeling low and unhappy, lost and confused, struggling with the conflict between your head and your heart.
Or maybe you are having problems in your relationship?
I can help you improve how you feel about yourself, to feel more at ease, happier, calmer and confident. I can help you improve your relationships with others, working through your experiences this can be long or short term counselling at your pace.
My aim throughout our time together is to welcome you in a confidential place where you feel safe to share and be heard, explore all that's going on for you, learn new things about yourself and work out a way forward. Making positive and effective change can enhance your well-being which helps to build resilience so that you can cope better with the challenges that life presents. I will support you in developing your own resources, improving your quality of life.
Life can be fun and exciting but sometimes I know that it can be a real struggle. It can be fun again.
I have been helping people for over eight years', counselling adults, young people and older adults. I have helped people over the years with concerns including; trauma, low self-esteem, anger, communication, obsessive compulsive disorder, relationship issues, stress, anxiety and loneliness.
I have a special interest in childhood sexual abuse and have worked with many survivors over the years. I can help you and I understand how you might be feeling.
Please call/text 07834810932 or email me to make an appointment.
When you come to see me you can expect:
- a safe, secure, quiet and relaxed environment
- a down to earth person with a honest, warm, caring approach
- a confidential space
- to be treated with respect and without judgement
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Over 8 years experience counselling men, women and young people
- Experience in short, medium and long term work
- Private Practice (2017 to present)
- ISAS (Incest and Sexual Abuse Survivors 2011 - 2017)
- Homestart (parents 2015-2016)
- College Counselling Services (students 2014-2016)
- Diploma - Theory & Practice of Counselling
- Certificate - Counselling Skills
- Certificate - Counselling Concepts
- Diploma - Social Care
What to do next
Email, call or text:
- Opening up, sharing painful experiences and showing vulnerability is often difficult and painful, therefore, it is important to find the right therapist for you so please feel free to email or call in confidence. I am happy to discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have. You may feel you would like to meet me before deciding if I am right for you.
- Alternatively we can arrange an initial appointment for you to see how we might work together. It is a place where we can get a real understanding of what brings you to counselling and talk about the counselling process. In this initial meeting we can understand your needs and goals for counselling and design the therapy towards your needs. If you are happy to we can then arrange a agreement together to establish the length and meeting times of the sessions. Counselling can last for a few sessions, several weeks or months depending on your needs.
- Sessions are usually held weekly, we can arrange a set number of sessions or leave it open depending on your needs. We regularly look at how it's going and work together on preparing to end.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
Fees per session
£40 Counselling session for adults and young people - 60 minutes
£30 Counselling Students - concessionary rate for course requirement 60 minutes
The counselling sessions are held in Grantham Lincolnshire.
- Situated in Grantham close to Grantham Hospital
- Two Minute walk to bus stop takes you into Grantham Town centre
- Disabled Access
Please call or email me in confidence. If I'm not available please leave me a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
- Undertaken Safeguarding training
- Current public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- An enhanced DBS check
- Monthly supervision (BACP requirement)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday appointments are available for short term or long term counselling.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|