Clare Harrison - Registered MBACP Counsellor working with Adults & Teenagers 14+
Hi, my name is Clare.
Life can be really tough at times, dealing with one stress after another is hard as well as juggling everyday tasks. Everyone seems to demand so much of your time meaning you have little or no time for yourself? Wondering whether you have the strength or energy to keep going? Concerned how this is affecting you relationship?
Maybe you are feeling lost, alone, sad, confused and overwhelmed or maybe you are feeling anxious, scared or trapped not knowing which way to turn.
Life can be fun and exciting but from time to time it can be a real struggle for us all.
I can offer you a place to work through the confusion; you don't have to struggle on alone.
My aim throughout our time together is to offer you........
- a place to talk
- a place to be heard
- a place to share
- a place to express
- a place to learn
- a place to accept
- a place to resolve
- a place to build new beginnings.
I have been helping people for over six years', counselling adults, young people and older adults. I have seen many people over the years with concerns including; low self esteem, anger, communication, obsessive compulsive disorder, relationship issues, stress, anxiety and loneliness.
I have a special interest in childhood sexual abuse and have worked with many survivors over the years. I can help you and I understand how you might be feeling.
Please call/text 07834810932 or email me to make an appointment.
When you come to see me you can expect:
- a safe, quiet and relaxed environment
- a down to earth person with a honest, warm, caring approach
- a confidential space
- to be treated with respect and without judgement
Together we can explore challenges and concerns that you are facing, explore your thoughts and feelings and the the way you see the world. We can make sense of your experiences, find a way through your concerns and gain a better understanding of yourself and your feelings.
This enables us to discover a way forward to a better place, a happier calmer place, feeling more confident and at ease, where lasting changes can be made enabling you to build new beginnings and enjoy life again.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Over 6 years experience counselling men, women and young people
- Experience in short, medium and long term work
- ISAS (Incest and Sexual Abuse Survivors 2011 - 2017)
- Homestart (parents 2015-2016)
- College Counselling Services (students 2014-2016)
- Diploma - Theory & Practice of Counselling
- Certificate - Counselling Skills
- Certificate - Counselling Concepts
What to do next
Email, call or text:
- Please feel free to email or call in confidence, this will help you decide whether I am the right Counsellor for you. I am happy to discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have.
- Alternatively we can arrange an initial appointment for you to see how we might work together. It is a place where I can get a real understanding of what brings you to counselling so that I can shape the counselling session to meet your needs. There is no obligation to see me again after this session.
- Sessions are usually held weekly, we can arrange a set number of sessions or leave it open depending on your needs. We regularly look at how it's going and work together on preparing to end. During this first session we go through a Counselling agreement
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Fees per session
£40 Counselling session for adults and young people - 60 minutes
£30 Counselling Students - concessionary rate for course requirement 60 minutes
The counselling sessions are held in Grantham Lincolnshire.
- Situated in Grantham close to Grantham Hospital
- Two Minute walk to bus stop takes you into Grantham Town centre
- Disabled Access
Please call or email me in confidence. If I'm not available please leave me a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
- Undertaken Safeguarding training (September 2017)
- Current public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- An enhanced DBS check
- Monthly supervision (BACP requirement)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday appointments are available for short term or long term counselling.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|