Clare Harrison - Registered MBACP Counsellor working with Adults & Teenagers 16+
Hi, my name is Clare
Are you finding life hard work at the moment and would you like to feel better about yourself and feel happier in your relationships?
You maybe feeling criticised by people in your life, no matter what you do or say you seem to disappoint. Are you constantly in search of happiness and tired of having to prove yourself to others? Perhaps you believe that everyone one is better than you? Are you an observer watching others achieving things, and enjoying their lives and moving on whilst you feel dissatisfied with yours?
Perhaps you feel invisible, does it feel like nobody is listening to you or valuing you? This can feel painful and can be a very lonely place to be. Could this be affecting your relationships with family, friends, colleagues or your partner.
Do you feel stuck? Maybe you have become tired of this endless cycle and you feel ready to look for support and this is what has brought you here.
I can help you by:
- listening to you and by being there for YOU, a place where you are free to say whatever you want.
- enabling you to work out what makes you feel fulfilled.
- understanding how you have arrived at the place you are today and untangle all that is happening for you.
- helping you to understand yourself and your needs.
- discovering what beliefs might be holding you back.
When you work with me you will:
- discover what you need to feel fulfilled.
- value you and grow in confidence.
- find you voice.
- find freedom from unwanted behaviour and beliefs.
- find coping strategies and new ways.
- feel good and enjoy uncomplicated relationships.
- feel safe and yet motivated to make the changes you want.
Imagine living a life with more fun and enjoyment, a life where you are important and valued where communication is easier and relationships are effortless. Imagine a place where other peoples words and actions no longer have the same impact. Imagine what feeling good would be like? What would that mean to you? I would love the opportunity to work with you to help you to find happiness and feel good enough.
I work from a cabin in my garden in a peaceful location. I able to see you during the day, evening or on Saturday mornings.
I have a passion for helping others to achieve their potential. I truly believe this change is possible for people who work with me. If this sounds like you please contact me.
Please call/text 07834810932 or email me to make an appointment
When you come to see me you can expect:
- a safe, secure, quiet and relaxed environment
- a down to earth person with a honest, warm, caring approach
- a confidential space
- to be treated with respect and without judgement
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Over 8 years experience counselling men, women and young people
- Experience in short, medium and long term work
- Private Practice (2017 to present)
- ISAS (Incest and Sexual Abuse Survivors 2011 - 2017)
- Homestart (parents 2015-2016)
- College Counselling Services (students 2014-2016)
- Diploma - Theory & Practice of Counselling
- Certificate - Counselling Skills
- Certificate - Counselling Concepts
- Diploma - Social Care
What to do next
Email, call or text:
- Opening up, sharing painful experiences and showing vulnerability is often difficult and painful, therefore, it is important to find the right therapist for you so please feel free to email or call in confidence. I am happy to discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have. You may feel you would like to meet me before deciding if I am right for you.
- Alternatively we can arrange an initial appointment for you to see how we might work together. It is a place where we can get a real understanding of what brings you to counselling and talk about the counselling process. In this initial meeting we can understand your needs and goals for counselling and design the therapy towards your needs. If you are happy to we can then arrange a agreement together to establish the length and meeting times of the sessions. Counselling can last for a few sessions, several weeks or months depending on your needs.
- Sessions are usually held weekly, we can arrange a set number of sessions or leave it open depending on your needs. We regularly look at how it's going and work together on preparing to end.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
Fees per session
£40 Counselling session for adults and young people - 60 minutes
£30 Counselling Students - concessionary rate for course requirement 60 minutes
The counselling sessions are held in Grantham Lincolnshire.
- Situated in Grantham close to Grantham Hospital
- Two Minute walk to bus stop takes you into Grantham Town centre
- Disabled Access
Please call or email me in confidence. If I'm not available please leave me a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
- Undertaken Safeguarding training
- Current public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- An enhanced DBS check
- Monthly supervision (BACP requirement)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday appointments are available for short term or long term counselling.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|