Claire Meredith MBACP
There are times in all our lives when we need some help or support. Through counselling I can offer you a safe, accepting space where you can be heard. Pressures of life, responsibilities, changes, loss, or unresolved past experiences can all have an impact. When our personal resources have been used up, even a small amount of extra stress may feel overwhelming.
The counselling I offer provides:
- a confidential space where you can be heard
- a safe place to focus on your concerns and needs
- help with issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, self-esteem, confidence, relationships, change, grief, loss, identity and trauma
- support in understanding your own issues and finding a way forward
I work in an integrative way. This means that I can draw on a number of different therapeutic approaches according to your individual needs. In this way we can work together to help you move forward.
I believe that trust in the counselling relationship lies at the heart of effective therapy. So it is important for you to feel comfortable with your choice of counsellor. With this in mind I offer a free initial 30 minute session.
Ongoing counselling sessions are 50 minutes long and cost £45 per session.
I offer sessions in two locations, Tring and Mentmore (near Leighton Buzzard). The comfortable therapy rooms are within easy access from Leighton Buzzard, Aylesbury, Aston Clinton, Dunstable, Berkhamsted, Wendover and surrounding villages.
There is free parking on site in Mentmore and the Tring room is close to the town centre.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB) (ongoing)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- BA Hons Humanities (including creative writing and art)
- Protective Behaviours Foundation Level
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Trauma in Childhood
- Imposter Syndrome/Self Esteem
- Understanding Domestic Abuse
- Working with Suicidal Clients
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Autism Awareness
- Play Therapy
As well as working with adults in my private practice, I have also worked with parents at a family support centre and with young adults and teenagers in a young people’s charity. I am also a school counsellor.
I have worked in education for many years, both with children in schools and in a professional body working with adults. I have knowledge and experience of the pressures of working in education, professional and self-employed settings.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
Free initial 30 minute session.
£45 per 50 minute one to one session.
- Free parking
- Wheelchair access
- Close to town centre
email - see link below
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client