Christine Fontaine - Dips Couns MBACP
301 Goldhawk Road
My thinking is that we are all doing the best we can with the knowledge we have and sometimes this means we can get into relationships, both personal and professional, which cause us to experience anxiety, depression, stress, trauma and abuse.
I work in an empathic, confidential and non-judgmental way that focuses on building a therapeutic relationship with you to facilitate the trust and confidence required to enable you to manage both past and present issues.
You can access short or longer term (six months plus) therapy depending on your needs. I draw on a range of psychotherapeutic styles catered to suit each individual client. I work with individual adults, couples and run therapy groups as well as working with organisations to support the mental health of their employees.
What to expect
For individuals and couples I suggest an initial session at my standard fee, lasting 50 minutes for individuals and 60 minutes for couples. In this session we will discuss and agree how we can best work together, the frequency and duration of the therapy sessions and the desired outcome. Usually sessions will be held on a weekly basis during the same time slot each week.
If this is your first time considering therapy, we can have a brief telephone conversation to talk through the process. Just drop me a text, email or call and we can arrange something.
Special interests (in no particular order and not exclusive)
My specialism falls into two main categories; firstly working with people from the film and television industry and secondly, working with people who are affected by different types of trauma and violence.
Having worked within the film and television industry, I am sensitised to the multiple stresses that can arise within this field. I have a comprehensive psychological understanding of how groups work and the support crew need to work effectively. I have undergone more specialist training in somatic resonance and bodywork to support actors.
My role with the leading mental health charity Mind, and my experience gained with an international employment assisted programme organisation, has positioned me to work with people affected by unimaginable tragedy as well as trauma associated with everyday life. I have specialist training to enhance my proficiency working with:
- Psychotherapeutic intervention in emergency situations
- Trauma: Individual, corporate and societal
- Relationship counselling
- All forms of historic and current abuse.
- Loss and bereavement.
- Anxiety, depression.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Training:
- 4 years training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Metanoia Institute
- MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - on-going
- Certificate in Clinical Assessment, Metanoia Institute
- Emerging from the Emergency - Onsite intervention work in the aftermath of a traumatic event 2018
- Workshop - Addiction, Metanoia Institute 2015, 2016
- Workshop - Radical Psychiatry, Exploring Difference, Metanoia Institute 2017
- 202 - Working with organisations, Metanoia Institute 2017
- CPD Body Works IARTA Conference 2017
- CPD Research Measures, Chris Evans 2017
- CPD Body Work & Somatic Resonance Training with Bill Cornell Lyon 2017 and 2018
- Workshop - Working with trauma in the emergency services, Tavistock Clinic, Mind Blue Light programme, 2018.
I run the counselling service for Hammersmith and Fulham Mind where I also write and deliver training to organisations and provide in-house training for our volunteer counsellors.
I have previously worked as a counsellor for an international employment assisted programme organisation where I was responsible for psychological containment, assessment and referal of clients.
I have previously had a successful career working within the film and television industry.
I am committed to ongoing training supporting me to enjoy my work and professionally develop as a psychotherapist. I have ongoing supervision and personal therapy to clinically support me working as a relational psychotherapist.
I am a member of and am bound by the codes of ethics and professional procedures of the following organisations.
BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
EATA (European Institute of Transactional Analysis)
IARTA (International Association of Relational Analysts)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£70 per session for individual (50 minute session)
£100 per session for couples (60 minute session)
Groups and consultancy, price on application.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|