I am a Relational Psychotherapist working with individuals, couples, groups, and companies, promoting mental wellbeing. My private practice is in west London, (located on the borders of Chiswick, Hammersmith and Shepherd’s Bush) working with clients on a broad range of issues.
I work in an empathic, confidential and non-judgmental way. We will focus on building a therapeutic relationship to facilitate the trust and confidence required for you to manage both past and present issues.
I provide either short or longer term therapy, depending upon your needs. I draw on a range of psychotherapeutic styles catered to suit each individual client.
What to expect
For individuals and couples, I suggest an initial session at my standard fee, lasting 50 minutes for individuals and 60 minutes for couples. In this session, we will discuss and agree on how we can best work together, the frequency and duration of the therapy sessions and the desired outcome. Usually, sessions will be held on a weekly basis during the same time slot each week.
If this is your first time considering therapy, we can have a brief telephone conversation to talk through the process. Just drop me a text, email or call and we can arrange something.
My role as a senior clinical consultant for the leading mental health charity Mind and my experience managing and setting up counselling services (Mind and Headstrong) as well as my experience gained with an international employment assisted programme organisation, has positioned me to work with a diverse cohort of clients affected by unimaginable tragedy as well as trauma associated with everyday life.
I have experience working with many conditions and concerns, including – but not limited to – low self-esteem, stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, abuse, sexuality, identity, bereavement, grief, anger management, couples, and relationship difficulties.
I have experience with Personality Disorders such as Bipolar, Borderline, Anti-Social, Obsessive Compulsive and Schizoid. I am trained in Transactional Analysis therapy and draw upon Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic Relational models in my work.
I have over 15 years of experience working in the creative arts world in a senior management capacity. Over this time, I have gained tremendous insight into the world of leadership and management. I understand work-related issues such as stress, performance anxiety, and managing teams. I also work for organisations who have experienced company trauma, going in and assessing and providing therapeutic interventions for staff, the support offered is 1-1 and/or therapy groups as well as ongoing wellbeing support for management to rebuild after event based tragedy.
I have specialist training to enhance my proficiency in working with:
- Relationship issues
- Creative block
- Bullying in the workplace
- Loss and bereavement.
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- All forms of historic and current abuse.
- Psychotherapeutic intervention in emergency situations
- Trauma: Individual, corporate and societal
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Training:
- MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Metanoia Institute
- Clinical Assessment training, Metanoia Institute
- Clinical use of measures, Metanoia Institute
- Emerging from the Emergency - Onsite intervention work in the aftermath of a traumatic event 2018
- Working with trauma in the emergency services, Tavistock Clinic, Mind Blue Light programme, 2018.
- CPD Body Work & Somatic Resonance Training with Bill Cornell Lyon 2017 and 2018
- Radical Psychiatry, Exploring Difference, Metanoia Institute 2017
- 202 - Working with organisations, Metanoia Institute 2017
- CPD Body Works IARTA Conference 2017
- CPD Research Measures, Chris Evans 2017
- Addiction, Metanoia Institute 2015, 2016
I am a member of and am bound by the codes of ethics and professional procedures of the following organisations.
- BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) reg no 00916446
- UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) reg no 2011166816
- EATA (European Institute of Transactional Analysis)
- Metanoia Institute
- IARTA (International Association of Relational Analysts)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£70 per session for individual (50 minute session)
£120 per session for couples (60 minute session)
Groups and consultancy, price on application.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Discount available for psychotherapy students
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|