Christel Owen, Dip, MACC, Christian counsellor, counselling in London essex
I offer affordable counselling to those who are unable to cope with life for various reasons, are depressed, anxious or confused, suffer from low self-esteem, addiction, having difficulty relating to others, dissatisfied with work, marriage or lifestyle, worried about children or family members, struggling with illness, suffered mental, physical, emotional, spiritual or sexual abuse including trauma.
I also provide counselling for marriage in crisis. My job is to offer a service which might highlight your weaknesses without any judgement and help you to strength them in order to take you to another level.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified counsellor who has undertaken professional training for five years and am committed to ongoing training and excellence. I am a member of the Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC), and have an obligation to work within their code of ethics, therefore I receive supervision from an accredited supervisor on a monthly basis.
Trained in an integrative style, I have experience of various different styles of counselling and am able to adapt according to the needs of the client. These techniques can include Person-Centred, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution-Focused, Gestalt and Transactional Analysis (TA).I hold a diploma in Integrative Counselling and a Foundation Degree in Sociology.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (1999)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (2009)
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling (2012)
- CPD Cert. "Understand how to support individuals on the autism spectrum" 2014
- CPD Cert. "Neuroscience, Attachment and the Couple" 2014
- CPD Cert. "Mindfulness" 2015
- CPD Cert. "Dealing with debts" 2015
- CPD cert. "Integrating art in counselling"2017
- CPD cert. "Working with the neurobiological legacy of trauma." 2017
- CPD cert. " Dissociation and DID (dissociative and identity disorder)" 2017
- CPD cert. "Trauma and the body: dissociation" 2018
- CPD cert. "Sexual abuse" 2018
- CPD cert. "Narcissism and Echoism" 2018
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
My fees are £40 per session, however, this is negotiable for students and those on limited incomes.
Marriage counselling is £50 per session, negotiable for couples on low incomes.
For face-to-face counselling therapy, my counselling practice locations are in the following areas: IG5, IG6, IG8, E10, E15, E18, E11 E20.
For travelling purposes, the locations are within the areas of: Ilford, South Woodford, Woodford, Wanstead, Stratford, Barkingside, Hainault, Redbridge, Gants Hill, Walthamstow, Leyton, Leytonstone, Chingford and Chigwell.
I am a member of ACC (Association of Christian Counsellors) and have an obligation to work within their code of ethics.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday between 10 and 3 pm and evenings. Call me to find out what are the availabilities for it can be subjective according to the number of clients I have.
Types of client