Chantelle Coupland MBACP Accredited
I am an experienced Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor who incorporates person-centred, early developmental approaches with elements of Therapeutic Play, Compassion Focused Therapy, Trauma Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy.
I have extensive experience of working with children, young people as well as adults and I adapt my way of working to suit your needs to ensure your comfort and wellbeing.
My practice is based in the North of Peterborough and I approach my work in the belief that with the right environment and conditions that you have an innate ability towards your own growth and fulfilment and that together we are able to work through anything that may be holding you back in life, whilst incorporating proven theories and skills to assist you on your healing path.
I have particular expertise with children/young people as well as working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse. I currently work in schools as well as within many agency settings around Peterborough and, of course, within my own private practice.
When you make contact with me you can expect a warm and sensitive response with an invitation to make an initial appointment for an assessment to discuss your ongoing needs and the next steps.
I do require 24 hours notice of any cancellation of appointment where possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited and Registered Member of BACP
- Level 6 Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- AQA Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Level 2 CRUSE Certificate in Bereavement Support for adults
- CRUSE Certificate in Working with Bereaved Children
- Certificate in Solution Focused Therapy/Certificate for Solution Focused Therapy in Groups
- Training in working with survivors of sexual abuse/assault
- Child Protection Training - regularly updated.
- Training for working with vulnerable adults
- Extensive experience of working with relaxation, visualisation and meditation techniques
- Counselling Supervisor
- Certificate in Therapeutic Play for children from 5 to 11 years of age.
- Working with Counselling and Spirituality
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Relaxation and Visualisation Techniques
Fees start from £30 per therapeutic hour with some concessions available for children/students.
Sessions are held in Bretton, Peterborough. Plenty of free parking available.
I keep an updated enhanced DBS check.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer daytime or evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|