Chantelle Coupland MBACP (Registered)
I am a person-centred therapist with an integrative approach to my work. I will provide you with a safe and comfortable environment where you will be able to explore anything that is bothering you and anything you feel is holding you back in life.
My experience of working as a counsellor is substantial and varied and I have experience of working with a range of issues to include anxiety, depression, sexual and other abusive situations as well as the impact of loss and bereavement. I work both with adults and children.
Once we agree to work together my main goal will be to tailor each session around your individual needs. My sessions are held in a Peterborough City Centre location and also within Bretton.
Working together, I will help you find your own answers and come to your own conclusions within the safety and support of the therapeutic setting.
Particular areas of experience are:-
- Sexual abuse
- Low Self Esteem
- Relaxation techniques
- Working with young people
When contacting me you can expect a warm and ethical approach to our work together. An initial consultation will involve us meeting to discuss your needs and what you hope to achieve from your counselling sessions. I can offer long term or short term counselling and this will be regularly reviewed within the work we do together.
I do require 24 hours notice of any cancellation of appointment where possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the BACP
- Level 6 Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- AQA Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- CRUSE Certificate in Bereavement Support for adults
- CRUSE Certificate in Working with Bereaved Children
- Certificate in Solution Focused Therapy
- Training in working with survivors of sexual abuse/assault
- Child Protection Training
- Training for working with vulnerable adults
- Extensive experience of working with relaxation, visualisation and meditation techniques
- YMCA Counselling service for young people
- Experience of offering CBT sessions to children from the ages of 12-18 within school environment
- Counselling Supervisor for Bereavement Charity for over three years
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Fees £30.00 per therapeutic hour (50 minutes).
Sessions are held in a Peterborough City Centre location.
I keep an updated enhanced DBS check.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer daytime or evening appointments.
Types of client