Chantelle Coupland MBACP Accredited
I am an experienced integrative therapeutic Counsellor who incorporates person-centred, early developmental approaches with elements of Therapeutic Play, Compassion Focused Therapy, Trauma Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy.
I work with both adults and children starting from the age of seven years old upwards.
I am able to offer online, face to face and telephone counselling sessions - whichever is the most convenient for you.
My practice is based in the North of Peterborough and I approach my work in the belief that with the right environment and conditions that you have the innate ability to reach your own goals and to become who you truly are. Together we will navigate our way through anything you feel may be holding you back in life, whilst incorporating proven theories and skills to assist you on your healing path.
My work covers a wide range of areas and I have a particular interest and experience in working with survivors of sexual violence as well as children and young people. I work and connect with many agency settings throughout Peterborough and the connecting areas.
When you make contact with me you can expect a warm and sensitive response with an invitation to make an initial appointment for an assessment to discuss your ongoing needs and the next steps.
I do require 24 hours notice of any cancellation of appointment where possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited and Registered Member of BACP
- Level 6 Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- AQA Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Level 2 CRUSE Certificate in Bereavement Support for adults
- CRUSE Certificate in Working with Bereaved Children
- Certificate in Solution Focused Therapy/Certificate for Solution Focused Therapy in Groups
- Training in working with survivors of sexual abuse/assault
- Child Protection Training - regularly updated.
- Training for working with vulnerable adults
- Extensive experience of working with relaxation, visualisation and meditation techniques
- Counselling Supervisor
- Certificate in Therapeutic Play for children from 5 to 11 years of age.
- Working with Counselling and Spirituality
- Online and Telephone counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Relaxation and Visualisation Techniques
Fees start from £35 per therapeutic hour with some concessions available for children and young people.
Sessions can be held either face to face, online or via the telephone.
Face to face sessions are held in Bretton, Peterborough where there is free parking available.
I keep an updated enhanced DBS check.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer daytime or evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|