Chantelle Coupland MBACP (Registered)
I am an Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor who incorporates person-centred, early developmental approaches with elements of Therapeutic Play Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy, Trauma Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
My client base includes working with children, young people and adults and I adapt my way of working to suit your needs to ensure your comfort and wellbeing.
My practice is based in the North of Peterborough and I approach my client work in the belief that with the right environment and conditions that you have an innate ability towards your own growth and fulfilment as a person and that together we are able to work through anything that may be holding you back in life, whilst incorporating proven theories and skills to assist you on your healing path.
I have particular expertise with children/young people as well as working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse. I have experience of working in schools, within many agency settings as well as privately within my own practice.
When you make contact with me you can expect a warm and sensitive response with an invitation to make an initial appointment for an assessment to discuss your ongoing needs and the next steps.
I do require 24 hours notice of any cancellation of appointment where possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the BACP
- Level 6 Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- AQA Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Level 2 CRUSE Certificate in Bereavement Support for adults
- CRUSE Certificate in Working with Bereaved Children
- Certificate in Solution Focused Therapy
- Training in working with survivors of sexual abuse/assault
- Child Protection Training - regularly updated.
- Training for working with vulnerable adults
- Extensive experience of working with relaxation, visualisation and meditation techniques
- YMCA Counselling service for young people
- Experience of offering CBT sessions to children from the ages of 12-18 within school environment
- Counselling Supervisor for Bereavement Charity for over three years
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Fees start from £30 per therapeutic hour with some concessions available for children/students.
Sessions are held in Bretton, Peterborough. Plenty of free parking available.
I keep an updated enhanced DBS check.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer daytime or evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|