Cathy Servante Qualified counsellor and BACP member
landline 01903 873159 / 07540 603189
I’m a qualified, experienced counsellor and supervisor registered with the BACP.
I really believe in Counselling and see how it changes people’s lives for the better.
I’m experienced in working people of all ages.
My integrative training and continued professional development enables me to work with people on an individual basis, in ways suitable to the individual.
I work with a wide variety of issues such as Bereavement, Depression, loneliness, Anxiety, Relationships, Abuse and the impact on day to day life.
Are you feeling anxious, stressed, unhappy, lonely?
Are you having relationship difficulties which you are struggling to deal with?
All kinds of things happen during our life and sometimes it can feel like a real challenge to cope with and can become overwhelming.
Here you can talk in a safe confidential space and explore your thoughts and feelings.
You can work in a way that's suitable to you as a unique individual. Talking to a trained counsellor can help you to view life's events and relationships in different ways. You could, with support, develop greater resilience, work on gaining fresh strategies which could really help you to cope with and manage whatever happens in your life from now onwards or make the changes you really want.
Counselling/therapy to suit your needs and your situation.
Talking and sharing your ideas with someone who listens to you without judgement can really help you gain a greater understandping of yourself and what you want from your life. Working together in a safe confidential space can be supportive and empowering.
Where I work
I have a thriving practice in Findon Valley near Worthing-it's accessible by car and there's a bus stop opposite.
Please contact me through
email email@example.com. or
text or phone me on mob. 07540603189
or landline 01903 873159
Training, qualifications & experience
My experience includes:
- Counselling adults of all ages
- working long term with student counsellors
- Working on issues including anxiety, stress, self esteem, relationships,bereavement
- Counselling teenagers/exam stress/identity issues/life changes, anxiety,depression/sexuality
- Counselling professional adults including nurses, teachers, ex forces
I have worked in a variety of settings such as:
- Offington Counselling Services-counselling adults and teenagers
- Schools in West Sussex e.g. Sir Robert Woodard Academy, Lancing
- Manor Green College, Crawley -counselling teenagers and young people with ASD/ASC
- Private Practice in Worthing
OCN BACP Accredited Clinical Supervision Qualification (Buckinghamshire)
Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Therapy (Northbrook College)
Transactional Analysis 101
Palliative Care Certificate (Chichester)
Honours Degree in Art/Design and Education (Birmingham)
Continuing Professional Development
I keep my work up to date through regularly attending training courses and reading current material in relevant books and journals including the BACP publications.
Registered Member of BACP
Current insurance through Holisitic Therapies
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Individual counselling session £40 (1hr)
Student/trainee counsellors welcome at reduced fees
clinical supervision £40 (1hr) £45 (1.5 hrs )
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
In my role as Supervisor, I aim to create a collaborative working relationship.