My background & approach
Hello, my name is Caspar. I am a qualified and accredited psychotherapist and experienced supervisor.
I offer individual and couple counselling from therapeutic rooms based in East Grinstead and Hove (please see contact page for maps).
I have over 20 years' experience of providing short and long term counselling and psychotherapy, plus I have 10 years' experience of providing supervision to both trainee and qualified therapists.
My specialisms include:
- Relationship problems.
- Sexual problems.
- Mental health issues.
- Low self esteem.
- Identity & sexuality.
- Work based stress.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy.
- MA Psychotherapy.
- Pg Dip Counselling.
- Dip Life Coaching.
- Dip Stress Counselling.
Alongside my counselling and psychotherapy training I have over 25 years' experience of working in mental health services. I have worked with hundreds of individuals and couples from many diverse backgrounds with an equally diverse range of presenting issues. My approach includes focusing upon current issues that people may be struggling with and how these may be connected to past hurts, struggles, traumas and life events.
I have witnessed people making significant positive changes to their lives, and I strongly believe in the transformational potential within all of us.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
- Individual counselling £40 for 50 minutes.
- Couple counselling £50 for 50 minutes.
- Concessions available to supervisees £30 for 50 minutes.
Payments are to be made by cash or bank transfer please (details provided when you have made contact).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday daytime and evening availability, plus Saturday mornings