I am a Person-Centred Counsellor and a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, MBACP(Accred), fully committed to abiding with the Ethical Framework of the BACP, which informs my practice, and you can be assured of my warmth, confidentiality and professionalism.
• I offer flexible appointments
• Long or short term counselling
• Warm, Safe and confidential setting
I can work in a range of areas such as:
• Low self-esteem and confidence building
• Anxiety and depression
• Counselling for physical, mental and sexual abuse
• Domestic Violence
• General Counselling
• Feeling stuck and wanting to grow
• Experiencing losses such as bereavement, divorce or redundancy
• Health issues
• Personal growth
• Dealing with unresolved issues
• Dissatisfaction and lack of fulfilment
The first step is to arrange an initial session to discuss what you would like to achieve from counselling, and make a start. It will also give you an idea of how I work, and an opportunity for you to ask me questions.
If you decide that counselling is for you, and we both feel we can work together, then we can arrange some further meetings. Sessions are usually weekly, at a specified time and last for 50 minutes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma, Person-Centred Counselling, Metanoia Institute, London
- BA Honours, Person-Centred Counselling, Middlesex University, London.
- CPD Training/ Experience:
- Childhood Sexual Abuse and Complex Trauma
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Working with Suicide and Difficult Presentations
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse by females
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse within the family
- Working with Shame
- Hidden Trauma
- Building the foundations of Mindfulness
- Affective Neuroscience and attachment theory: considerations for Person-centred Practice workshop.
- Neurology of Early Experiences and Affective regulation workshop.
- Implicit and Explicit communication Neuroscience workshop
- Place2be Safeguarding Training.
- PCE-CfD: Counselling for Depression, Certificate of Competence
- Counselling Couples and family: A Person-Centred Approach.
- Certificate in working with Couples and other relationships.
- Advanced Post Diploma certificate Course- Person Centred Couples Course.
- An introduction to Autism.
- Person-Centred Couple and Family Therapy
- Christian Mindfulness.
- CBT Essentials
- Introduction to CBT
- Spirituality & Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- My Counselling fee is on a Sliding scale of £50 to £60 per session (negotiable depending on circumstances).
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque or Bank Transfer
- There may be occasions when you need to cancel, and I will try to accommodate you where possible.
- However, I do ask for at least 48 hours notice, or I will need to charge you for the missed session.
I'm able to offer both short-term counselling - typically 6 or 12 sessions - and open-ended counselling, which continues until you feel ready to stop. We can agree how many sessions feel appropriate when we first meet, and then adjust that to meet your needs as we progress. The whole process is all about helping you, at your preferred speed.
Unfortunately the centres do not have Disabled Access – Not suitable for wheelchairs.
Please feel free to contact me by phone, text or e-mail.
If I am not available when you call, please leave me a message and your phone number. I’ll return your call as soon as I can.
I look forward to meeting with you!
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible. Morning, afternoon or early evening appointments can be arranged.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|