2 Shelburne Road
125 Shenley Road
07570 563 362 / 07570 563 362
I am the mother of two adult children and a grandmother of one. I trained originally as a Radiographer and Ultrasonographer and worked in the NHS for some years. After a career break, I trained as a Person-Centred Counsellor.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), fully committed to working within the Ethical Framework of the BACP, and you can be assured of my confidentiality and professionalism.
• I offer flexible appointments
• Long or short term counselling
• Safe and confidential setting
I can work in a range of areas such as:
• Low self-esteem and confidence building
• Anxiety and depression
• Counselling for physical, mental and sexual abuse
• Domestic Violence
• General Counselling
• Feeling stuck and wanting to grow
• Experiencing losses such as bereavement, divorce or redundancy
• Having health issues
• Personal growth
• Dealing with unresolved issues
Our first step is to arrange an initial session.
There we can meet, discuss what you would like to achieve from counselling, and make a start. It will also give you an idea of how I work, and an opportunity for you to ask me questions.
If you decide that counselling is for you, and we both feel we can work together, then we can arrange some further meetings. Sessions are usually weekly, at a specified time and last for 50 minutes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma, Person-Centred Counselling, Metanoia Institute, London
- BA Honours, Person-Centred Counselling, Middlesex University, London.
- CPD Training/Some Experience:
- Childhood Sexual Abuse and Complex Trauma
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Working with Suicide and Difficult Presentations
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse by females
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse within the family
- Working with Shame
- Hidden Trauma
- Building the foundations of Mindfulness
- Affective Neuroscience and attachment theory: considerations for Person-centred Practice workshop.
- Neurology of Early Experiences and Affective regulation workshop.
- Implicit and Explicit communication Neuroscience workshop
- Place2be Safeguarding Training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- My Counselling fee is on a Sliding scale of £40 to £50 per session (negotiable depending on circumstances).
- Payment can be made by cash or cheque (payable to Vania Ltd).
- There may be occasions when you need to cancel, and I will try to accommodate you where possible.
- However, I do ask for at least 48 hours notice, or I will need to charge you for the missed session.
I'm able to offer both short-term counselling - typically 6 or 12 sessions - and open-ended counselling, which continues until you feel ready to stop. We can agree how many sessions feel appropriate when we first meet, and then adjust that to meet your needs as we progress. The whole process is all about helping you, at your preferred speed.
Unfortunately the centres do not have Disabled Access – Not suitable for wheelchairs.
Please feel free to contact me by phone, text or e-mail.
If I am not available when you call, please leave me a message and your phone number. I’ll return your call as soon as I can.
I look forward to meeting with you!
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesdays to Fridays and some weekends. Morning, afternoon or early evening appointments can be arranged.
Types of client