Counsellor and Supervisor (MNCS Accred) (Reg.MBACP)
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am an Integrative Counsellor and Supervisor with experience of working with clients who have experienced a range of issues including: trauma, abuse, bereavement, relationship issues, anxiety, stress and depression. I see clients in person at rooms based in Tavistock, Devon as well as delivering online and telephone sessions.
I work in a variety of ways to suit the needs of my clients, offering a range of therapeutic support from short term focussed therapy to long term psychotherapy. My goal is to ensure that the way I work responds to your individual needs.
The foundation of my work is the development of a therapeutic relationship. Through this relationship and within the boundaries of safe and ethical practice I find I am well positioned to offer all clients an empathic and non-judgemental response to the difficulties they are experiencing. This foundation supports therapeutic progress and offers a space where implicit barriers can be challenged and overcome.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Specialist Diploma in Clinical Supervision (Level 6)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Level 4)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Trauma Informed Approaches
I have also worked in an agency setting since 2017 offering time limited counselling to Carers, and others referred through charitable organisations; supporting individuals and families affected by domestic abuse including parent and child therapy and group therapy; providing short term counselling and longer term psychotherapy to self referred clients.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £30.00 to £85.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
- Initial Session - free for 30mins to 1hour (Telephone or online only)
- Further sessions (Face to face/online/telephone) - £50 per 50 minute session
- Trainee Counsellors during their course £30 per 50 minute session (up to 20 sessions)
Limited concessions available for keyworkers and those on low income. Call me to discuss, if you think you meet the criteria.
Couples Sessions (face to face only)
- Initial telephone call to set up (up to an hour) - FREE
- 1st session (75 mins) - £85
- Ongoing sessions (60 mins) - £75
- Trainee counsellors on placement - £40 for an hour session or £55 for an hour and half session (during training placement)
- Qualified counsellors/other professionals - £50 for an hour session or £65 for an hour and a half session.
- Group Supervision £25 per person based on 5 supervisees in a 2 hour group session.
When I work
Monday to Thursday between 10am and 8pm (latest appointment time is 7pm)
Friday 10am to 3pm