(Hillhead Counselling) MBACP, IFS Therapist, FdSc Counselling
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
" The point of therapy isn't to get rid of anything, but to help it transform." Richard Schwartz (founder of IFS)
I became a counsellor after being to counselling myself and discovering how transforming it was for the generalised anxiety disorder I was experiencing. I have a passion to likewise help you along your journey. Whether it be anxiety, depression, panic attacks or family issues that has brought you to counselling. Together we can help you address your fears, so you can embrace your vulnerabilities and allow your powerful self to shine through.
The Internal Family Systems (IFS) model provides a wonderful safe vehicle for meeting these feelings that cause us distress and enable the healing that wants to happen naturally given the right conditions. We will work to assist you to inhabit and fully express the Self that you essentially are and to foster the relationship between it and your emotions on the journey towards healing and wholeness. Elinor Greenberg expresses beautifully what I find IFS offers .. the ability 'to be able to delight in oneself.' I'd be privileged to work alongside you whatever is feeling problematic. All emotions are welcome in the safe place of my therapy room or online.
“I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.” “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.” - Brené Brown.
So why choose me as your counsellor?
- Having worked in the NHS as a counsellor in local Medical Practices, I have counselled young to older adults with a wide range of problems.
- I am enthusiastic about therapy and particularly Internal Family Systems. I know from my own experience, how difficult and yet how rewarding it can be to seek and use this kind of help.
- Although you may be experiencing temporary difficulty together we can explore what suits you best for where you are at present with a view to helping you get to where you want to be in life.
- I am flexible, creative and adapt the way I work rather than expecting you to fit into a one-size-fits-all way of working.
- We will work collaboratively with you as a co-explorer helping you find and use your own abilities to heal yourself.
- Together we will put strategies in place to assist you with moving forward.
- I am fully qualified and insured.
One of my favourite quotes in regards to what counselling is, comes from Richard Schwartz where the big 'secret' to it all is revealed in that; "You, are the one you've been waiting for .."
For further information about Internal Family Systems please follow the link : http://ifs-institute.com/about-us
For further information on Sensorimotor Psychotherapy please follow the link : www.sensorimotorpsychotherapy.org/home/index.html
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Studies - University of Ulster (Distinction)
- FdSc Counselling - University of Ulster (Commendation)
- Levels 1, 2 & 3 Internal Family Systems Therapy - London
- Level 1 Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Trauma
- Certificate for Psychological Trauma & Dissociation - NRC
- Certificate for Bereavement - NRC
- Certificate for Child Protection Training -NRC
- Certificate for Ethics Masterclass - NRC
- Certificate for Mental Health First Aid - NI Training
- CPD Attendance - Working with Ego States & Dissociative Parts - ACC
- Workshops for - Concept of Self, The Wisdom of the Body, Addressing Anxiety, Inner Conflict, Feelings and Emotions, Creative Techniques - Art & Miniature Animal
- Certificate of attendance - Understanding Trauma - Zest for Life
- Suicide Awareness Training
- Working in Medical Practices with a wide variety of Mental Health problems
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
£40 per hour for Individuals weekdays daytime
£50 per hour for Individuals evenings and weekends
When I work
Monday-Wednesday 09.00-13.00, 14.00-18.00, 19.00-21.00
Friday 09.00-13.00, 14.00-18.00.
Saturday 09.00 - 12.30 (weekend rate)