Beverley Warner MBACP (Reg, & Accred.)
I provide a professional individualised service aimed at the needs of the client. To me it is important to develop a therapeutic relationship where we can talk openly about what is important to you. I like to be clear and open about the process and I will encourage feedback. Therapy is a two way act and I want you to feel comfortable and at ease in order to make the most of the sessions.
I have worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist for over 14 years, previous to that I have worked in psychiatric secure units, care homes and community learning disability services. I have worked for Mind and in GP surgery's. Residential and community substance misuse. I providing counselling and psychotherapy for clients in a hospice.
I have extensive experience in the following areas
- mental health
- loss / bereavement
- learning disabilities
Training, qualifications & experience
I am trained to Post-Graduate level in Psychodynamic and Person Centred counselling. I am accredited and registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I also have qualifications and experience in the following fields
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) - This specialist treatment is for the affects of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and also suitable for other types of trauma, Phobias and addiction. This therapy uses REM (Rapid eye movement) to work though the 'stuckness'. There is an additional assessment prior to accessing this treatment.
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing - this is to look at behaviour changes, for example addictions or obssesive behaviours. We look at goals and set steps to help you to reach them. we challenge motivation by looking at your personal values.
- Systemic Practice - This is often used with couples and family work. it is a chance to explore life stories, narratives, identity, roles, culture and relationships.
- Gestalt - this is a creative way of working to address identity, loss and endings. I use letter writing, music, art, role plays and other drama methods to support you through this process.
- Bereavement counselling - this is where I support you through the stages of loss in a way that works for you. we will look at letting go of anger and finding ways of acceptance and moving on.
- BPS LC Approved Certificate in Supervision Skills - for students or other professionals wishing to obtain clinical supervision, using a variety of approaches.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
I offer a free 15 minute consultation for you to decide if I am the right person for you
- individual 50 minute face to face session = £60
- couples / family session / EMDR session 60 minutes = £80
- group 90 minute session = £120
- concessions are available on request for students and those on a low income.
- also reduced rates for block payments in advance
My room has disabled access.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|