Beverley Warner MBACP (Reg, & Accred.)
I am currently offering zoom sessions, but I am slowly re-introducing face to face sessions in line with Covid specifications and with the BACP guidelines.
I provide a professional individualised service aimed at the needs of the client. To me it is important to develop a therapeutic relationship where we can talk openly about what is important to you. I like to be clear and open about the process and I will encourage feedback. Therapy is a two way act and I want you to feel comfortable and at ease in order to make the most of the sessions.
I have worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist for over 14 years, previous to that I have worked in psychiatric secure units, care homes and community learning disability services. I have worked for Mind and in GP surgery's. Residential and community substance misuse. I have provided counselling and psychotherapy for clients in a hospice.
I have extensive experience in the following areas
- Mental Health
- Loss / Bereavement
- Learning Disabilities
Training, qualifications & experience
I am trained to Post-Graduate level in Psychodynamic and Person Centred counselling. I am accredited and registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I also have qualifications and experience in the following fields
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) - This specialist treatment is for the affects of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and also suitable for other types of trauma, Phobias and addiction. This therapy uses REM (Rapid eye movement) to work though the 'stuckness'. There is an additional assessment prior to accessing this treatment.
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing - this is to look at behaviour changes, for example addictions or obssesive behaviours. We look at goals and set steps to help you to reach them. we challenge motivation by looking at your personal values.
- Systemic Practice - This is often used with couples and family work. it is a chance to explore life stories, narratives, identity, roles, culture and relationships.
- Gestalt - this is a creative way of working to address identity, loss and endings. I use letter writing, music, art, role plays and other drama methods to support you through this process.
- Bereavement counselling - this is where I support you through the stages of loss in a way that works for you. we will look at letting go of anger and finding ways of acceptance and moving on.
- BPS LC Approved Certificate in Supervision Skills - for students or other professionals wishing to obtain clinical supervision, using a variety of approaches.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I offer a free 15 minute consultation for you to decide if I am the right person for you
- Individual 50 minute face to face session = £60
- Couples / Family session / EMDR session 60 minutes = £80
- Group (small group max. 5) 90 minute session = £120
- Larger groups or Training sessions + fee's to be discussed.
- Concessions are available on request for students and those on a low income.
- Also reduced rates for block payments in advance
Concessions offered for
Please email to discuss concessions. We can discuss what you can afford.