People come to therapy and counselling for many reasons. Your motivation might be to deal with a specific life event, past or present, or an ongoing personal struggle; some people seek help to address problems within relationships, or to work through problems of self-worth; others are searching for personal development and growth. Whatever currently motivates you to seek help, I work from the premiss that we have internal resources to flourish in life - and that these may be blocked in any number of ways. I believe therapy should help us to see, and begin to remove, these blocks.
I offer professional and discrete counselling and psychotherapy in Rochester, Kent. Whilst I see people for a wide range of psychological problems, I have extensive experience working with addiction and mental health difficulties, including depression and anxiety.
I offer reduced rates to students and counselling students.
Please visit website www.blbupchurch.co.uk for further detail.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I hold MBACP status (verifiable on BACP website), the recommended standard when seeking a therapist or counsellor.
- Certificate and diploma in integrative counselling 2010-2013.
- I have worked in the fields of substance misuse and psychiatry since 1999, as a qualified mental health nurse (RNMH).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
My standard fee is £45 per hour (50 minute sessions).
Counselling students, seeking therapy as part of training requirement - £30.00.
Full-time university students - £30.00
I can see people face-to-face, or via video call.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible appointment times, including weekends and evenings.
Types of client