Barbara Gooch Ad.Prof.Dip.PC MNCS(Acc)
The Natural Health Centre
07791 051 359
I’m offering professional Counselling, Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy for Individuals and Couples, in a safe, warm and welcoming environment, around the Suffolk and Essex areas.
I am an accredited by the National Counselling Society; on the Accredited Register of the Professional Standards Authority.
I do understand that the admitting to ourselves that we have a problem or the general struggle to cope in our everyday lives can be very difficult and even more difficult is the process of seeking some help or looking for somebody to talk to who you feel comfortable with.
I would like to make this decision easier for you and assure you that there is nothing wrong with that, we all have better and worse days in our lives, but in our time together I will only be here for you. I believe that the quality of a relationship between therapist and client is the most important factor in any healing process.
I have been on the receiving end and the idea of having completely "me time" and talking to somebody who can listen and won't judge, can be very powerful and very comforting
We will work in an integrative style, which means we will separate the elements of your challenges piece by piece, using different techniques we will really get to understand and eventually address them, achieving the results you really wish for. I will adapt the way I work using my personal insight and experience to simply listen to you and assist you to become the person you want to be.
Ethics and professionalism is paramount, therefore we will start with clear and precise boundaries.
I am able to provide therapy in dual languages (English and Polish) and it also gives me an insight and understanding of different cultures.
Training, qualifications & experience
- ASIST ( Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)- Living Works
- Counselling in Schools - MindED
- Channel General Awareness Module - College of Policing
- Prevent training course - HM Government
- Conflict Resolution and Breakaway Training - Ikon Training
- Drug Awareness Training -Ren Masetti
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk
- Getting intimate with a couples
- Key Strategies for Helping Hostile and Avoidant Couples Resolve Conflict
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Key differences between counselling adults and children/young people"- MindED
- What is counselling for children, young people and young adult - MindEd
- Awareness in Bereavement Care: The Foundation Course - Level 2 - Cruse Bereavement Care
- How to work with eating disorders- Certification
- Integrated Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Ad.Dip.PC
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Dip.PC
- Certified Fertility2Birth Practitioner
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Dip.Hyp
- Professional Member of the National Counselling Society
- Professional Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I'm offering a HypnoBirth course. This is an amazing programme consisting of three, two hour sessions in which you will learn how to prepare your mind and body for this important event in your life. Reducing any discomfort by relaxing your body, taking control of your thought processes, making positive choices with your birth plan, enhancing a positive bond with your unborn child and welcoming your newborn baby in the most amazing way.
In my opinion pregnancy is the most fascinating time in a women's life and the choice of hypnobirth is the best gift you can give yourself, your baby and so often, the forgotten partner.
Using Hypnosis to help with labour has shown to reduce the length of the first stage of labour by hours and the second stage from an average of 50 minutes to 37 minutes. 50% of parents using the Fertility2Birth HypnoBirth program have experienced an entire labour lasting less than 5 hours!
“Unexplained infertility” actually means that there is no physiological reason for a woman not to become pregnant and this means that probably you feeling very alone, that nobody understands you, Family and friends probably don’t help either by asking when you going to be pregnant. Perhaps you seeing pregnant women’s or with pushchairs everywhere, its feel like you are only one person who can’t conceive?
One of the major problems of unexplained infertility is stress (or more specifically, one’s inability to cope with stress) . Conceiving – whether the couple is attempting to conceive naturally or with medical assistance such as IVF – is wrapping with stress. For both of them, there is the worry about why they aren’t conceiving when all the tests appear to be normal.
It doesn’t have to be like that, let me help you. Just let me support you and help you through this very emotional time.
Hypnosis has been proven to be very effective in removing stress and unresolved issues about having a baby.
Photos & videos
- Initial Consultation - £35
- Individual Counselling/ Psychotherapy - £40 - (60min)
- Couples Initial Consultation - £40 - (60min)
- Couples Counselling/ Psychotherapy Counselling - £60 - (90min)
- Suggestion Therapy / Hypnoanalysis - £ 50
- Stop Smoking - £150 program with a free follow up session.
- Hypnobirth - £150 per couple - £170 per couple in your own home
All sessions of Hypnotherapy are up to 1.5 hours or as long as you need except Stop Smoking Therapy which is a one off session and lasts between 2-3 hours.
The fee includes personalized recordings of suggestion therapy to reinforce positive changes for you to listen to between sessions.
I treat my clients as individuals so its difficult to predict how many sessions you will require. Although the average for suggestion therapy is between 1-3 sessions, it can take between 3-12 sessions in the case of more complex problems.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week days 10am-9pm Weekends appointments are also available.
Types of client