Dr Ashling Doherty
A warm welcome to my profile,
Hello beautiful soul,
I am a Chartered Psychologist working from private, peaceful counselling offices in the city centre of Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Psychological Counselling is offered to young people, adults and couples. I work with a wide range of emotional and psychological concerns such as depression, anxiety, anger management, relationship concerns and work related stress.
The range of psychological therapies include:
Individual Psychological therapies tailored to your individual need. All therapies are evidence based and includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and psycho dynamic.
Relationship and Couple counselling for those experiencing challenges in their relationship or wishing to strengthen as a couple.
Individual Relationship counselling, you don't have to be in a relationship to benefit from relationship counselling. Perhaps you have experienced a breakup and feeling quiet low at present, maybe you are single & feeling lonely or perhaps recognise a pattern in relationships that you wish to break.
Consultation service for organisations, counselling & supervision is offered to staff also.
Supervision is offered to trainee & trained counsellors, psychologists and mental health professionals.
To find out more about the private psychological therapies I offer please visit the website link above or http:www.drashlingdoherty.com
All appointments are carried out by Dr Ashling Doherty and last one hour.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Practitioner skills in the management of obesity
- PG Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- BSC Hons in Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma (CBT) - currently completing
Professional Body Membership
- Health Professions Council (HPC) Registered Practitioner Psychologist. You can check my details at the following website: www.hpcheck.org.
- Chartered Psychologist The British Psychological Society
- Full member of the Division of Counselling Psychology
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The Counselling and Psychological therapies I offer is also for those who may not know the cause of their feelings e.g. sadness, lack of self worth, loneliness; a sense of feeling lost. It offers a safe place for exploration including:
- Pre Bereavement
- Living with a terminal illness; for you or a family member
- Suicidal ideation
- Suicidal Feelings
- Body image
- Home sickness
- Personal development/awareness
- Emotional eating, overeating and binge eating
- Student counselling
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
Private Health Insurance
- I am an approved provider with insurance companies including Cigna, PruHealth, WPA, AVIVA and Simplyhealth. If you would like your appointments to be covered by your insurance then a referral from your GP or psychiatrist may be required. It is usually best to contact your provider to confirm their criteria. If you would like any assistance then please contact me.
Fees for Counselling and Psychological Services (per hour)
New clients can avail of a free telephone consultation (requires to be booked) prior to proceeding to an appointment.
- Counselling and Psychotherapy £80.00
- Couple Therapy £90.00
- Supervision £80.00
Counselling rooms are conveniently located to local transport links & there is free parking at Wallsend and after 6pm @ Newcastle.