Dr. Ashling Doherty Chartered Psychologist, D. Couns.Psy, P.g.Dip., BSc (hons)
A warm welcome to my profile,
Think well, feel well, live well....
I am a Chartered Psychologist working from private, peaceful counselling offices in the city centre of Newcastle Upon Tyne and Wallsend.
Psychological Counselling is offered to young people, adults and couples. I work with a wide range of emotional and psychological concerns such as depression, anxiety, anger management, relationship concerns and work related stress.
The range of psychological therapies include:
Individual Psychological therapies tailored to your individual need. All therapies are evidence based and includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and psycho dynamic.
Relationship and Couple counselling for those experiencing challenges in their relationship or wishing to strengthen as a couple.
Individual Relationship counselling, you don't have to be in a relationship to benefit from relationship counselling. Perhaps you have experienced a breakup and feeling quiet low at present, maybe you are single & feeling lonely or perhaps recognise a pattern in relationships that you wish to break.
Consultation service for organisations, counselling & supervision is offered to staff also.
Supervision is offered to trainee & trained counsellors, psychologists and mental health professionals.
To find out more about the private psychological therapies I offer please visit the website link above or http:www.drashlingdoherty.com
All appointments are carried out by Dr Ashling Doherty and last one hour.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Practitioner skills in the management of obesity
- PG Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- BSC Hons in Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma (CBT) - currently completing
Professional Body Membership
- Health Professions Council (HPC) Registered Practitioner Psychologist. You can check my details at the following website: www.hpcheck.org.
- Chartered Psychologist The British Psychological Society
- Full member of the Division of Counselling Psychology
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The Counselling and Psychological therapies I offer is also for those who may not know the cause of their feelings e.g. sadness, lack of self worth, loneliness; a sense of feeling lost. It offers a safe place for exploration including:
- Pre Bereavement
- Living with a terminal illness; for you or a family member
- Suicidal ideation
- Suicidal Feelings
- Body image
- Home sickness
- Personal development/awareness
- Emotional eating, overeating and binge eating
- Student counselling
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Private Health Insurance
- I am an approved provider with insurance companies including Cigna, PruHealth, WPA, AVIVA and Simplyhealth. If you would like your appointments to be covered by your insurance then a referral from your GP or psychiatrist may be required. It is usually best to contact your provider to confirm their criteria. If you would like any assistance then please contact me.
Fees for Counselling and Psychological Services (per hour)
- Counselling and Psychotherapy £60.00
- Couple Therapy £70.00
- Supervision £60.00
Counselling rooms are conveniently located to local transport links & there is free parking at Wallsend and after 6pm @ Newcastle.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early morning, evening and week-end appointments are available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision Counselling is offered in Newcastle Upon Tyne to trainee & qualified counsellors and psychologists.View supervision profile