Anne Graham UKCP (Accredited) Counsellor and Supervisor
125A Fitzwilliam Street
My name is Anne and I am a qualified Psychotherapeutic counsellor. I appreciate how difficult it might feel to find the right counsellor for you. For that reason I offer a free initial meeting to see if we might choose to work together.
I provide a warm, approachable, non judgemental space which allows you to examine issues such as relationships, anxiety, depression, self confidence, trauma and patterns of behaviour that you feel are not healthy.
We all might experience times in our life when we feel lost, out of control, confused or alone. Issues from the past or the present can affect us anytime and leave us feeling unsure of how to regain control of our life, enjoy the present and look to the future. As a qualified counsellor, I am trained to help support you in developing an understanding of who you are; and to help you realise your potential to break free from whatever you feel is holding you back.
I work in several ways:
- Short-term work consists of working in a way that allows you to focus on a specific problem to gain more immediate support by identifying strategies for symptom relief and for alleviating distress.
- Longer term work would involve making sense of your present experiences, thoughts and feelings in relation to your past. This has the potential to provide you with insight and understanding into the roots of your behaviour in order to support you in considering and realising positive changes; whilst also providing you with ongoing support as personal challenges arise in your life.
- A combination of both, tailored to your current presenting needs and your future hopes and aspirations.
If you think I can help in any way, I invite you to come along for a first session so we have the opportunity to meet each other, for you to experience my way of working, and to talk about what you feel you need from our sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Psychotherapeutic Counselling Diploma and am a UKCP accredited therapist.
The model that I have trained in is the Relational Approach. This combines the analytical aspect of the Psychodynamic Approach with the warmth of Person Centred therapy. I also consider other theories in my practice such as Transactional Analysis and Gestalt therapy.
I am presently training to be a supervisor at the Manchester Institute of Psychotherapy. I will complete this course in December. I am offering throughout this year a reduced rate for supervision. If you are interested in coming in to supervision with me then please get in touch and we can discuss this.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Initial appointment is free for half an hour.
Ongoing sessions of 60 minutes: £45 for individuals; £55 for couples.
Negotiable rate for counselling trainees.
If you have difficulty with fees, I would prefer you to discuss this with me rather than rule yourself out.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments offered.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|