Angela Rogers Psychotherapeutic Counsellor (MBACP) East Sussex
As a psychotherapeutic counsellor I approach each client and couple as unique individuals. Between us we decide the particular way we work, this might be short-term or open ended but it will always be a collaboration at a pace determined by you. In a safe environment painful feelings can be expressed, held and explored with kindness and compassion. Whether you are in an immediate crisis or struggling with past traumas, together we can work towards a better understanding and lessening the distress in your life. Psychotherapeutic counselling can give you more awareness of why you feel and think the way you do, help you begin to heal some of the hurt and release the potential for more freedom and fulfilment.
You may be experiencing any of the following:
- anxiety or depression
- feeling isolated, hurt, angry or violent
- family, step-parenting and relationship issues
- worries about sex and sexuality
- concerns about health, food and alcohol
- a general sense of unease
- a search for meaning and the purpose of life
- feeling overwhelmed and unsure of who you are
- problems with work or study
- losing a job
- the death of a loved one
- going through the menopause
- fear of ageing and one’s own death
- feelings of loss and hopelessness
As a couple you might seek counselling for:
- sexual and emotional difficulties in your relationship
- making decisions about having children or not
- wondering how you can improve your relationship
- looking for a way to end your relationship amicably
I also offer support to help you realise creative and academic projects and support for times when you feel blocked. My belief in the creative capacity of human beings, given the right conditions, underpins all my work.
I work in East Sussex in Hove BN3 and Lewes BN7 from quiet, comfortable rooms easily accessible by public transport.
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Roehampton, accredited by the UPCA and UKCP.
Certificate in the Study of the Couple Relationship, Tavistock Relations
I am a member of the UPCA (Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Association) and the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I work under the BACP code of ethics.
I have considerable experience working with adults with a wide range of concerns and in different situations, from my role as a Deputy Director of a Samaritans branch, one-to-one counselling in an open access clinic to groups experiencing long term chronic mental health conditions.
I have a background of many years in higher education and the creative arts, with particular emphasis on personal and professional development.
BA, MA, PhD FHEA (Fellow of the Higher Education Academy)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Problems with academic , writing and creative projects. I am keen to work with women struggling with the menopause or sex in long term relationships.
Individuals £65 per 50 minute session.
Couples £80 per 50 minute session.
I am able to offer a limited number of discounted places please feel free to enquire.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays
Types of client