Andrew Smith - BSc (Hons) Psych, MBACP
The Eaves Counselling and Psychology
43 Downing Street
01252 651 585 / 07864 393 155
My name is Andrew Smith and I am a qualified integrative therapist with experience working privately and within the NHS supporting adults and younger people.
Talking therapies give people the space and time to explore issues that they experience daily and help them in achieving a goal whatever it may be. I have worked with people to;
* Help them feel more relaxed
* Increase their confidence
* Release themselves from stress
* Address causes of anxiety
* Overcome a fear
* Take control of a habit or addiction (such as over-eating or smoking)
* Feel more motivated to achieve their goals
* Look on life with more positivity
* Improve performance in sporting activities
Each problem a person experiences is unique so please get in touch and let's talk about how we could work together.
In addition to having my own practice I work within the NHS and for the West Surrey and North East Hampshire Youth Counselling Service, part of the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) meaning I am fully DBS certified. I also work at The Eaves Counselling and Psychology Services in Farnham.
I am passionate about helping people explore the problems they experience in their lives. With me, we work together so get in touch and let's talk more!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Ad Prof Dip PC - Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 5)
- Ad Dip PC - (Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 4)
- Dip PC - Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 3)
- Dip Hyp CS - Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
Experience working within the NHS and Social Services.
Currently working within the NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).
Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, National Counselling Society, National Hypnotherapy Society and British Psychological Society.
Full enhanced DBS certification.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Each session is charged at £50 with concessionary rates available in certain circumstances.
Please note that you will need to ascend stairs to access the premises. If you have any access requirements please make this known when you get in touch and I will take measures to accommodate you.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
To enter the premises you will need to ascend a set of stairs. If you have specific access requirements let me know and we can discuss our options.
I am able to offer flexible appointments at times to suit you in and out of typical office hours and at weekends.
Types of client