Andrew Smith - BSc (Hons) Psych, Ad Prof Dip PC, Ad Dip PC, Dip PC, Hyp Dip CS
01252 651 585 / 07864 393 155
My name is Andy Smith and I am a qualified counsellor and hypnotherapist with experience working in both private and public sector agencies.
Talking therapies are great at giving people the time to explore the issues that they experience daily. By coming here you've already taken your first step toward achieving your goal whatever it may be. Over the years I've worked with people to;
* Help them feel more relaxed
* Increase their confidence
* Release themselves from stress
* Refuse to be ruled by anxiety
* Overcome a fear
* Take control of a habit or addiction (such as over-eating or smoking)
* Feel more motivated to achieve their goals
* Look on life with more positivity
* Improve performance in sporting activities
Each problem a person experiences is unique so please get in touch and let's talk about how we could work together.
In addition to having my own practice I work within the NHS and for the West Surrey and North East Hampshire Youth Counselling Service, part of the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) meaning I am fully DBS certified.
I am passionate about helping people navigate problems they experience in their lives. I have many years of study and practice and I would love to work with you to help you.
Talking therapies are great at giving people the time to explore the issues that they experience daily. By coming here you've already taken your first step toward achieving your goal.
With me, we work together so get in touch and let's talk more!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Ad Prof Dip PC - Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 5)
- Ad Dip PC - (Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 4)
- Dip PC - Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 3)
- Dip Hyp CS - Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
Experience working within the NHS and Social Services.
Currently working within the NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).
Member of the National Counselling Society, National Hypnotherapy Society and British Psychological Society.
Full enhanced DBS certification.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Each session is charged at £45. For new clients a free initial consultation will take place before any services are agreed.
Discounted rates are available in special circumstances which can be discussed during the initial consultation.
Please note that you will need to ascend stairs to access the premises. If you have any access requirements please make this known when you get in touch and I will take measures to accommodate you.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
To enter the premises you will need to ascend a set of stairs. If you have specific access requirements let me know and we can discuss our options.
Monday - Saturday: 09:00 to 20:00
Types of client