Amanda Collinson MBACP Adv. Dip.
Whatever concerns or difficulties you have with my experience as a professionally trained and BACP registered counsellor we can work together to overcome them. I offer individual and couples counselling from comfortable therapy rooms at The Leigh Clinic.
So what is in it for you? Someone to talk to, someone to provide you support, undo your confusion, move away from feeling stuck, gain a sense of emotional wellbeing, feel relaxed, freedom from distress, positive change, letting go of fears and anxieties, peace of mind and happiness, feeling energised, a happier and healthier life.
It's all about you. Counselling focusses on your needs. Using my skills I aim to help you achieve the change you are looking for.
I work in an integrative style incorporating person centred and psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Systemic techniques which means I can adapt my approach to suit your personality and your personal style of working.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Attachment Theory
- Certificate Connecting with Shame, a relational approach
- Certificate in Generalised Anxiety (GAD) and Panic Disorders
- Certificate in Mindfulness for Stress
- Certificate in Mindfulness Practice
- Certificate in Meditation
- Certificate in Spirituality Assessment
- Certificate in Building Self Esteem
- Certificate in Neonatal Experience
- Certificate in Child and Baby Bereavement
- Certificate in Systemic Work with Children and Families
- Certificate in Attachment and Inner Child Theory
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling
- Diploma Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certificate Attachment Theory and Loss
- Certificate Childhood Loss and Grief
- Certificate Working with Teenagers and Grief
- Certificate Bereavement and Loss
- Certificate Domestic Violence
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
One-to-one counselling session £45.00
Couples counselling session £70.00
Sessions are for 50 minutes and are typically scheduled for the same time and day each week.
I can occasionally offer sessions at a reduced rate for those who are unable to pay the full fee due to low income, i.e. students and senior citizens. Please enquire for further information.
I have many years of experience of working with a wide range of clients bringing diverse issues including work related stress and anxiety, bullying and depression. For the past six years I have also provided bereavement counselling for a local hospice.
My practice is conveniently located in central Leigh-on-Sea, 15 minute walk from the mainline railway station. Free client parking available.