Alison Claire Holder MBACP
19 Cordery Road
Hi, I am a fully qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist and I am based in Evington Leicester with easy access for parking. I have a lot of experience working with a range of different issues such as depression, bereavement and loss, anxiety, self harm, addictions, self esteem, low confidence, domestic violence, parental separation and separation.
As well as my private practice where I work a lot with adults and young people I also work as a therapist for a charitable organisation providing counselling for Young People 11- 18 years. Within this organisation I have experience of working with young adults who have been in the care setting temporarily or permanently, I also work with adults and young people who have experienced sexual exploitation. Within my roles I have experience of working with many different issues for example: very low mood and anxiety also people being in crisis.
As well as being a face to face therapist, I am also experienced in providing online therapy through video or instant messaging and telephone counselling. These ways of delivering therapy often work really well with people who think they might feel uncomfortable talking face to face in the room and people who might be housebound or struggle with anxiety.
I also have experience as a face to face counsellor of working in a Secondary school setting and a local charity that support women who have suffered sexual abuse.
Within my roles I have experience working with trauma, bereavement, abuse, anxiety, depression, self harm and other complex issues including working with people who are in crisis.
I believe the relationship is key to the work, and I offer a non judgemental, safe space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings and I will work with you to bring about changes you feel you want to make.
We all feel lost and stuck at some time in our lives, often we don't know how or why we became lost and stuck don't suffer in silence and alone, you don't need to.
How do I get started.
You can either call me or email me and we will set up your first session, during this session we will talk a little bit about what you would like to get from counselling, you can also decide if you think I am the right counsellor for you, we will also look over a contract then set up following sessions if you decide you would like to continue.
There is no definite amount of sessions you have to sign up for, counselling is about your own personal journey so you make the decision on what suits you best.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cert: Psychodynamic Counselling /Psychotherapy 2012
- Dip: Therapeutic Counselling 2014
- Cert: CSSO - (Barnardos Children & Young People Model) 2015
- Introductory: Transactional Analysis 101
- Cert :Understanding Drugs and Addictions (2017).
- Cert: Therapeutic Play Skills (2017)
- Cert :Solution Focused Practice (2016)
- Cert :Online Counselling (2016).
- Cert: Real love Rocks Train the Trainer (Child Sexual Exploitation prevention) (2017)
Continued Professional Development:
Hearing Voices and Paranoia
Papyrus- Prevention of Young Suicide
Anger, Rage and Relationships
Obsessive Compulsive Disorders - A cognitive Behavioural Therapy Approach
Child Protection and Safeguarding
Child Sexual Exploitation
Relational Depth and Emotional Connection in Online Therapy
Working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Why Attachment Matters
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Adults £35 per 50 minute session.
Children/ Young people aged 8 -18 years £25 per 50 minute session.
Online/ Telephone Counselling £35 per 50 minute session.
Couples £50 per 50 minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday afternoon and evenings. Tues evenings Weds evenings Fridays, Saturdays. Other appointment times available on request.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|