Alice Yendle-Parsons MA MBACP (Accred). Psychotherapist/Counsellor/Supervisor
I am a BACP accredited and qualified Integrative Psychotherapist, Counsellor, Clinical Supervisor and Lecturer. I have 10 years of experience in psychotherapy practice within independent private practice, Relate, employee counselling services and freelance contracts. I am qualified to work with adult individuals and couples, families, young people and children as well as providing clinical supervision for therapists.
I offer an independent specialist service for Derby and the surrounding areas.
I am passionate about empowering people to recognise and achieve their potential. I offer confidential and non-judgemental therapy to help clients with a wide range of issues as well as supporting them to increase self-esteem, reduce anxiety, manage stress and develop confidence.
I offer both short-term and long-term therapy dependant on individual needs.
I offer the following services:
- Psychotherapy/counselling with individuals
- Relationship therapy for families and couples or other groups
- Young People’s therapy
- Clinical supervision for individuals and groups
- Corporate training
- I am also available to offer training supervision and training therapy for trainee therapists.
How I work:
As an integrative psychotherapist, I draw upon the following theories to inform my work:
- Person-centred approach
- CBT (Cognitive behavioural Therapy)
- Brief Solution Focussed therapy
I have 10 years of experience working with and supporting individuals and groups in various settings. I have extensive experience of working with clients with issues including, but not limited to: childhood abuse, rape and sexual abuse, domestic abuse, power and control in relationships, mental health, suicidal ideation, self-harm, relationship difficulties, affairs, anxiety, depression, loss and bereavement, life stages, sexuality, alcohol and substance misuse. Working with these issues has highlighted the importance of helping clients to build resilience, autonomy and confidence.
My Counselling Approach:
I work collaboratively with clients to help increase self-awareness and understanding of responses to the issues discussed. Increased understanding can help with making informed choices on any problematic issues or behaviours you wish to change, adapt or process.
Present day difficulties such as relationship issues, negative thinking, low self-esteem, disproportionate responses to stress and lack of confidence are often linked to unresolved or unprocessed experiences from our past. During therapy, I aim to provide a safe place for you to explore, process and manage these issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA (Distinction) in Relationship Therapy – Integrative Psychotherapy Masters Degree
MBACP (accred) - Registered accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
University Advanced Diploma in Couple Counselling
Award in Education and Training
- Couples therapy for depression
- Relate post qualifying training in working with young people
- Systemic family practice relating to sexual abuseAdult survivors of sexual abuse
- Working with suicide and self-harm
- Mental health in couple counselling
- Transactional analysis
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Solution focused therapy
- Mind mapping
- Spirituality in family therapy
- Samaritans training
- Confidence in conflict
- Therapeutic counselling skills for children
- Domestic violence and abuse/assessment and intervention
- People management
- Coaching skills
- Debt management
- Various safeguarding courses
- Asperger’s and ASD
- Working with Attachment and Loss
- Telephone counselling
- Emotionally focussed therapy
- Safe uncertainty on supervision
- Counselling with a sexual focus
- Disordered personalities
- Gender and sexual diversity
- Substance misuse and couples
- Mindful sex and relationship therapy
- Societal rape myths and traumatic reactions
- Spiritual and Religious abuse
- Substance misuse and alcohol
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Individual Psychotherapy £45.00 (50 minute session).
Couples or Relationship Counselling £60.00 (50 minute session).
Individual Supervision £50.00 (60 minute session) £70.00 (90 minute session).
I am willing to offer reduced fees for psychotherapists and counsellors in training.
The fees for training and consultation with organisations are by separate negotiation, this includes work from private health providers and charities.
Group supervision (By separate negotiation).
Note: Reduced fees for Psychotherapists and Counsellors in training and students may be negotiated.
Corporate Daily Rates / Daily Training Rates £350 per day, £200 per half day
Fees are requested to be paid at the beginning of each session or via bank transfer prior to the session.
Please be aware that in the case of cancellation or missed appointments less than 48 hours before the time of the booked session, an alternative appointment can be arranged if possible, however, if this is not possible, the full fee will be required.
Street Parking is available.
There is a regular bus service from Derby to Oakwood.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Individual and Group Supervision is offered for professionals and trainees working with the following client groups:.