Alexandra Groves (Reg. MBACP)
I have achieved over 35 years work experience in the social care sector, skilled and training work in various areas such as
- mental health35
- probation bail hostels
- children and young people homes
- young homelessness
- criminal Justice system
- community out-reach.
How I work.
I have been trained as an professional diploma counsellor since 2004, specialising into the psychodynamic approach, through further training, I work with the tools of being integrative. My beliefs are that everyone has different needs and different circumstances.
I regard myself as a genuine people person, I practice from a professional and compassionate approach allowing individuals to take the lead during process, with the understanding it is about them, enabling them to be empowered and move forward positively. Most importantly confidentiality is very vital, of which the guidelines and framework as an MBACP, to operate in an safe and warm environment with acceptance and respect.
What happens next?
Please give me a call or email me, to book an initial session. Our first session together will be for one hour and will cost £35. During this session, we will get to know each other and together, decide if I am the right counsellor for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Skills in Counselling - 7 credits pass
- Therapeutic in Counselling - pass
- Diploma in counselling - Level 3
- Criminal Justice and Psychology Degree 2:1
- At present studying MA in psychotherapy.
Further Training: 2015-2016
- Certificate gained - Understanding the Narcissistic Web of Deception and CPD 7 Credits.
- Certificate gained - Ga slighting" The Narcissistic Covert Aggression and CPD 7 credits gained
- Certificate gained The Narcissistic Mother and CPD 7 credits gained
I have also achieved the BACP register Certificate Of Proficiency since May 2014.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I, Alexandra Groves, also specialise in Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). I do a 10 week one to one delivery process, furthermore, I run a 6 weeks accredited Domestic violence programme called 'Man in the Mirror'. This project is adaptable and able to be delivered to women, children and young people and to give professionals awareness.
Photos & videos
My private practice fees are as follows:
First initial consultation is £45 for 1 hour
individual face to face £50 for 60 minute session.
Couples/relationships/Marriage £70 for 60 mins.
Personal therapy for placement counsellors discount of £30.00 per 60 mins with 20 sessions process with review.
Senior citizen - £25for 50 mins 10 weeks Process with review.
Children and young people age between 12 years to 19 years £30.00 per 50 mins 10 weeks process with review.
My service is provided in an welcoming warm and safe environment that consist one spacious counselling suites, with the aroma of sweet scented lavender.
I, Alexandra Groves, understand that once being a student training as a counsellor, personal therapy could often become a challenge of being expensive, so I would like to offer a discount package of £500 which includes 12 sessions and a review.
48 hour notice of cancellation, otherwise you may be charged full fee or if not turned up for process.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
By appointments only.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|