Alex Newbery MBACP, Advanced Dip. Psychotherapeutic Counselling
As a fully qualified BACP registered counsellor, I am able to offer my clients a confidential and professional counselling service, based out of central Barnstaple.
My training as an integrative therapist allows exploration of the relationship we have with ourselves, others and the world. Part of this can include looking into our history to see how this impacts the here and now and also, our projections of the future. Sometimes, a focus on the present is what is needed. Through exploration within the safety of the therapeutic relationship we can navigate this path together.
You may have a specific issue or experience you would like to look at within counselling or a wider concern. There may be thoughts, feelings or behaviours, past or present that are causing you worry, sadness or anger. Many people have aspects of their lives they would like to explore and better understand to enable them to move forward with more focus and clarity. These are all things that can be explored within the safety of a professional, ethical and compassionate therapeutic relationship.
I have worked alongside many individual adults, at their different life stages. My counselling work has included a wide variety of issues within both short and longer term therapy. I welcome any initial enquiries or questions via email or phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
My training/qualifications include:
- CPCAB Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (BACP accredited)
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care/Ascentis National Awarding Body: Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Course.
- Private Practice, Barnstaple - Psychotherapeutic Counsellor
- Towerhouse Counsellor providing a service to Petroc
- EAP Counsellor for Workout Solutions
- Towerhouse Voluntary Service, Barnstaple - Counsellor
- Heart Centre, Combe Martin - Counsellor
- Cruse Bereavement Care, Barnstaple - Bereavement Support
I commit to regular continued professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
From £40 per 60 minute session.
Non binding initial consultation.
Concessionary rates available to CPCAB students for time limited work.
I hold a limited number of time limited, lower fee spaces for those on low income. Please inquire.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible hours - please inquire.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|