I work from home in a peaceful and tranquil environment . I have been working as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist for over 15 years. I work with many different clients, individuals, couples and self-help groups. I offer brief or longer term counselling,
I have extensive training and have many practice hours with clients suffering from depression, anxiety, phobias, relationship problems, addictions and histories of abuse, both physical and emotional.. I have also had much success working with eating disorders, specifically anorexia.
I believe that a safe environment, and confidentiality, are the beginning of the healing process whatever the problem is and that the process of being heard and attended to are paramount to successful therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I trained as a Person Centred counsellor at Guildford College and gained a Diploma there. After that I attended Surrey University as a Post Graduate on the Msc course.
I left Surrey University with a Post Grad Cert in Psychotherapy as a Means to Health and shortly after became an Accredited member of the Bacp.
I have continued to study and expand my practice and my therapy is based on Existential philosophy and Person Centre practice.
I also run different groups, have attended courses and workshops to increase my learning in these areas, as well as couple counselling and supervision courses.
Currently I am working with nine supervisees, two trainee counsellors. as well as individual clients and couples.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
ME - a term often misused for people suffering from high level stress
- £55 for individuals and £75 for couples. For trainees I charge £40 per hour and for supervisees £40 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm with some early morning and early evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor and currently have nine supervisees.View supervision profile