The Practice Rooms
15-16 Castle Street
An experienced counsellor and supervisor , working face to face and online. My counselling approach can help with a range of issues including;
- Relationship difficulties
- Feeling sad
- Low self confidence
- Low self esteem
- Stress management
- University and college student issues
- Family issues
- Separation and divorce
- Relationship breakup
- Grief and loss
- Miscarriage and infertility
I offer a safe, confidential, and caring space where together we can explore your issues and concerns, help you gain understanding and new perspectives, and explore ways to bring about positive change and new balance to your life. A place to be heard, be taken seriously, but without judgement
- I am an experienced qualified Counsellor , a member of the BACP, on the BACP Register accredited by the Department of Health,and fully insured for my work.
- I am also a qualified counselling supervisor. and on the University of Edinburgh approved list of supervisors.
I understand that choosing a Counsellor can be difficult, you need to be sure the person you’ve chosen is the right one for you and feel comfortable working with them, so I offer you a 30 minute informal consultation for only £20
I also offer online appointments via Skype . I'm happy to offer you a 30 minute online meeting for £20 for you to try this method out for yourself.
You can call on 07740678218 or send an email; either way if I’m not immediately available I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
If you would like to know more about my professional background please go to my LinkedIn profile:
Training, qualifications & experience
Postgraduate Diploma in Person-Centered Counselling from the University of Strathclyde
Postgraduate Diploma in Training Management (CIPD Cranfield University)
Certificate in Stress Management (OCR)
Certificate in Creative Supervision (UKCP)
Rape and sexual abuse
Springboard Women's Development Programme
Coaching and Mentoring
Additional Professional Experience
- 2 years at the PF Counselling Service in Edinburgh as a Volunteer Counsellor
- 6 years in the Third Sector, responsible for an employability mentoring project , recruiting , training, supporting and supervising 20 volunteer mentors.
- 26 years experience of coaching and mentoring individuals across a wide range of areas e.g. career transitions, stress management, personal development, employability, assertiveness and improving confidence and intercultural transitions.
- My professional background includes senior management and staff development roles in the recruitment sector , with extensive experience of employability and other career issues including workplace relationship difficulties and workplace bullying and stress
- 17 years experience of delivering the Springboard Women's Development Programme.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- University student issues
- Dealing with conflict and confrontation
- Loneliness and isolation
- PMS and PMD
Photos & videos
£20 per 30 minute initial consultation , either face to face or online
Thereafter the fees are:
£55 per 50 minute session
Concessions are available, e.g. students, seniors and low waged, please enquire
£55 per 60 minute session for supervision
£40 per 60 minute session for trainee counsellors
I've recently moved to Exeter having worked in private practice in Edinburgh for over 10 years where I gained extensive experience of working with and supporting university students, both home and international, and at all stages of study.
My Devon practice is in Exeter city centre, near to John Lewis, with bus stops and car parks nearby.
I've considerable experience of online counselling and work with clients in various locations around the world e.g the USA, Middle East and Europe
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and online appointments
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Having worked in private practice in Edinburgh for over 10 years I'm now based in Exeter where I'm working face to face and online with counselling and supervision clients.