Barbara Matheson - Exeter Quay Counselling | Counsellor and Supervisor
- I'm a very experienced counsellor now seeing my clients face to face in Exeter or online.
- My counselling approach can help with a wide range of issues and life events e.g. anxiety, depression, feeling sad, low self esteem, low confidence, relationships, bereavement , abuse, redundancy and family issues. I have experience of and special interest in University student issues, bereavement and loss, stress management and womens' health and wellbeing.
- Exploring your feelings through one-to-one discussion can provide you with support , new insights and perspectives. It can also lead to new ways to deal with the issues that are having an impact on your life and overall wellbeing.
- I work with individual adults from 18 upwards
- I’m a very experienced counsellor . A registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists (BACP), and I work to the code of ethics set down by the BACP ethical framework.
- I’m also a qualified and experienced supervisor offering supervision to qualified and student counsellors, and those working in job roles where it’s helpful for their wellbeing to have a safe caring space to explore the work and its impact on them.
- Prior to becoming a counsellor, I worked as a freelance learning and development consultant , coach and mentor, specialising in management development, personal development, womens' development and stress management.
- I've also had senior roles in the recruitment sector and have substantial experience of employability.
- I offer an optional low cost 30 minute introductory meeting; an opportunity to meet with me, find out more about counselling and my approach, allowing you to decide if you're comfortable working with me as your counsellor,
- If you would like to more about me and my approach please take a look at my website www.exeterquaycounselling.co.uk
- To have a chat or book an appointment please call me on 07740678218 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If I’m not immediately available I will get back to you within 24 hours
- A qualified and very experienced Counsellor , a member of the BACP, on the BACP Register accredited by the Department of Health, and fully insured for my work.
- A qualified and experienced Counselling Supervisor
- An approved Counsellor for Lifeworks and Pro-Counselling ( Employee Assistance Programmes)
Training, qualifications & experience
Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling from the University of Strathclyde (BACP)
Postgraduate Diploma in Training Management (CIPD Cranfield University)Certificate in Stress Management (OCR)Certificate in Creative Supervision (UKCP)
Rape and sexual abuse
Women's Development Programmes
Coaching and Mentoring
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Isolation and loneliness
- University student issues
- University graduates transition to the workplace
- Work/life balance
- Conflict and anger issues
- PMS and PMD
- Stress management
- Womens’ issues and life experiences
From £40.00 to £55.00
Concessions offered for
The fee for a 30 minute face to face or online informal consultation is £20
Thereafter the fees are £55 per 50 minute counselling session
Some concessions are available, e.g. students, seniors and low waged, so please enquire.
£55 per 60 minute session
£40 per 60 minute session for trainee counsellors and those in the first 6 months of private practice
A 30 minute initial consultation is available, or you can book to start counselling without a consultation
I've extensive experience of face to face and online counselling and supervision, working with clients in various locations, both UK based and worldwide. I'm available for long or short term working.
"Barbara has inspired me to become to person I am today, full of confidence, self-worth and self-esteem. Her wonderful ability to help me identify, understand and deal with my issues and anxieties will be forever invaluable. Thank you so much!"
"Thank you so much for all your help. I am eternally grateful for all of your support and understanding. I am really excited for the next chapter in my life."
"Thank you again. I can't express how grateful I am to have you with me all through this summer. It was life-changing indeed. "