Edinburgh South Counselling
07740678218 / 07740 678218
An experienced qualified counsellor and supervisor , working with clients at the Southside Centre EH9 or online via Skype. My counselling approach can help with a range of issues including;
- Relationship difficulties
- Low self confidence
- Low self esteem
- Stress management
- University student issues
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Family issues
- Separation and divorce
- Relationship breakup
- Grief and loss
- Retirement and later life issues
- Miscarriage and infertility
I offer a safe, confidential, and caring space where together we can explore your issues and concerns, help you gain understanding and new perspectives, and explore ways to bring about positive change and new balance to your life. A place to be heard, be taken seriously, but without judgement
- I am an experienced qualified Counsellor , a member of the BACP, on the BACP Register accredited by the Department of Health,and fully insured for my work.
- I am also a qualified counselling supervisor. and on the University of Edinburgh approved list of supervisors.
I understand that choosing a Counsellor can be difficult, you need to be sure the person you’ve chosen is the right one for you and feel comfortable working with them, so I offer you a 30 minute informal consultation for only £15.
I see my clients in a comfortable private room with natural light, at the South Side Centre on Causewayside, near the Meadows, with buses and on street metered parking nearby.
This centre is very near to Edinburgh University and I am very experienced at supporting students at all levels of study.
I also offer online appointments via Skype . I'm happy to offer you a 30 minute online meeting for £15 for you to try this method out for yourself.
You can call on 07740678218 or send an email; either way if I’m not immediately available I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
If you would like to know more about my professional background please go to my LinkedIn profile:
Training, qualifications & experience
Postgraduate Diploma in Person-Centered Counselling from the University of Strathclyde
Postgraduate Diploma in Training Management (CIPD Cranfield University)
Certificate in Stress Management (OCR)
Certificate in Creative Supervision (UKCP)
Stress management techniques
Rape and sexual abuse
Springboard Women's Development Programme
Coaching and Mentoring
- 2 years at the PF Counselling Service in Edinburgh as a Volunteer Counsellor
- 6 years in the Third Sector, responsible for an employability mentoring project , recruiting , training, supporting and supervising 20 volunteer mentors.
- 26 years experience of coaching and mentoring individuals across a wide range of areas e.g. career transitions, stress management, personal development, employability, assertiveness and improving confidence and intercultural transitions.
- My professional background includes senior management and staff development roles in the recruitment sector , with extensive experience of employability and other career issues including workplace relationship difficulties and workplace bullying and stress
- 17 years experience of delivering the Springboard Women's Development Programme.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- University student issues
- Dealing with conflict and confrontation
- Loneliness and isolation
- PMS and PMD
- Retirement and later life difficulties
Photos & videos
£15 per 30 minute initial consultation , either face to face or online
Thereafter the fees are:
£55 per 50 minute session
Concessions are available, e.g. students, seniors and low waged, please enquire
£55 per 60 minute session for supervision for counsellors and individuals in other caring roles
Concessions are available for students and newly qualified counsellors
I work from a bright cosy private room at The Southside Centre on Causewayside, very near to the Meadows, with on street metered parking and bus stops nearby.
My location is close to Edinburgh University and I have considerable experience in supporting University students at all levels
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Face to face daytime and evening appointments . Skype sessions by arrangement.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I'm a qualified supervisor and on the Edinburgh University approved supervisor list.View supervision profile