Welcome to my profile. I have created this page in the hope that it will answer most of the questions you may be having right now about how I work and whether I am the right person to help you. If after reading this you feel there is anything you would like to discuss in more detail, please feel free to ring me for an initial, confidential discussion. This will not be charged for. 07958 967233.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy to individuals and couples . This can be short or long-term work depending on the nature of your concerns. I have over 10 years experience in dealing with a wide range of issues. The main areas I have supported clients with have been those relating to Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem and Relationships.
My work will help you to identify ways that YOU are looking at things and how these views are influencing your feelings. The way you think affects how you feel. How you feel affects how you relate to others. This why it can be difficult to know why we feel the way we do.
- Anxiety: this is one of the major triggers of most negative or distressing states, because it creeps, unnoticed into so many aspects of our lives and causes havoc. Anxiety can mean different things to different people as we all see things from a different perspective. You may experience social anxiety (worries about how people see you and how to act in social situations) or anxiety at work (everyone will find out I'm not up to this) or anxiety in relationships (my partner will leave me, doesn't find me attractive) or general anxiety about day to day things (I'm going to be late, I'm going to mess this up etc). We become so conditioned to thinking this way that it can often lead on to feelings of depression.
- Depression: you might feel trapped in a heavy, dark state and feel there's no way out and no one that can help. This is usually because you have become stuck in a rut of negative thinking about yourself, others and the world around you. This could be as a result of a recent event (relationship ending, redundancy, bereavement or something from the past). My work can help you to address these feelings and find ways of managing them so they don't take over your life and help you to feel more in control of it.
- Self-Esteem: how you feel about yourself and how you imagine others think about you. This will affect the way you relate to others and in turn how others relate to you. The therapy can help you to identify how you see yourself versus how you would like to see yourself. Feeling more positively about yourself can empower you to make changes in your life.
- Relationships: problems in a relationship can have a knock-on affect to other areas of your life. Equally, your relationship can be affected by other stressful aspects of your life (job; family; bereavement, friendships etc). The therapy can help you to explore these problems and identify areas for change. It is also important to acknowledge those things about your relationship that are positive! This can be done as an individual or as a couple.
- Psychosexual & Relationship therapy. I have a specialised qualification in this area. It is usually targeted at couples but has also proven to be highly affective for individuals wanting to address their sexuality or identify specific problems that they've never been able to talk about. This may be a problem that has always been there or one that has developed more recently, e.g. following surgery; a difficult relationship, child birth or a traumatic event.
A unique programme of work will be designed for you after an initial assessment session. I offer CBT within an integrative approach. This means my work is tailored to suit your individual needs and work collaboratively with you to achieve your goals. I like to work creatively to enable you to explore complex feelings and issues, helping you to identify negative behaviour patterns and to find new, more beneficial ways of relating.
I offer a challenging but supportive approach and I believe that change comes about when we receive honest and respectful feedback.
*The therapy journey is a gift you give to yourself!*
I look forward to working with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications:
Master of Arts in Counselling & Psychotherapy
Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy (PGDip)
Higher National Diploma Integrative Counselling (HND)
Foundation Certificate Couples Counselling
Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Lecturer in Counselling
Primary School Counsellor (play therapy)
Primary Care Counsellor
Bromley Community Counselling Service
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Addicitions, Affairs, Anxiety, Anger, Abuse
Bereavement & Grief
Pre-marital guidance (short-term, specific: 4-6 sessions)
£60 for individuals
£70 for couples
**Reduced rate negotiated for those on low income
Day and evening appointments and Skype
Evening appointments available until 9pm.
Payments by cash, cheque, paypal or direct transfer.