07920040003 text please
I am MBACP accredited, UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor. I obtained my humanistic counselling diploma in 2001, and have since completed training in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Trauma (Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, USA). I have extensive experience of working with diverse clinical issues including: recovery from childhood sexual abuse and/or sexual violation in adulthood, relationship problems, anxiety, eating distress, addiction, stress, psychological trauma, depression, self injury, mental health issues & low self esteem/worth.
Professional Development & Supervision
I am committed to my professional development and as such I attend regular clinical supervision to support my client work. I also attend workshops, trainings and conferences on a regular basis. My clinical approach is integrative, which means that I adapt my approach to support the changing needs of each individual.
The relationship between counsellor and client is of paramount importance, for this reason I aim to provide a trusting, supportive relationship in which healing can occur.
Each session lasts for 50 minutes and are usually once a week. My fee is £40 per session. Please note my prices will increase by £2 per session from 01/04/2018.
I am a qualified couple counsellor working with many issues within relationships.
Each session lasts for 1 hour and are usually once a week. My fee is £50 per session.
I am a qualified clinical supervisor and have experience in both individual and group supervision.
I am a qualified group worker.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma - integrative humanistic therapy - Diploma
GCT Group work - Foundation & Intermediate
Clinical supervision - Diploma
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Individual Counselling £40 per 50 minute session and £220 for 6 sessions booked and paid for in advance
- Couples Counselling£50 per 50 minute session and £275 for 6 sessions booked and paid for in advance
- Indivdual Supervision£50 per hour
- Group Supervision this will differ depending on the size of the group
(Consessions may be available, this is decided on an individual basis)
I have worked as a counsellor within a voluntary organisation (rape crisis) for 10 years full-time.
I have extensive experience of planning and running groups. I have facilitated two groups of telephone help-line volunteers providing supervision, support and training. . I also ran the training and selection process for recruiting new telephone helpline volunteers.
I have provided both individual and group supervision for a minimum of 9 years
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor and I have been working as a supervisor 10 years.View supervision profile