Transgender awareness and inclusion with Rikki Arundel
This entertaining and engaging workshop has been developed to enable participants to gain a practical understanding of the life challenges facing all trans and gender-non conforming people. In particular the style of delivery using a mix of interactive lecture, video, discussion, case study and Q&A makes the learning process comfortable and memorable.
The aims and objectives are to help participants to:
- Better understand trans and gender non-conforming people and the life challenges they face.
- Engage more effectively with trans and gender non-conforming people.
- Become aware of the legal obligations with regard to trans and gender non-conforming staff, clients and service users.
- Avoid behaviour and language that could result in a complaint or legal action.
- Confidently challenge bullying, discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Address a variety of real life challenges when working with LGBT+ people.
- Dispel myths and misunderstandings about all LGBT+ people.
Rikki Arundel is a professional speaker, coach and diversity trainer. She was the founder of the UK Professional Speaking Association. Her previous career as a financial services technology speaker came to an abrupt end as a result of her decision to change gender in 2002. Faced with considerable discrimination she changed her field of expertise, completing a master’s degree in Gender Research at Hull University and establishing herself as a diversity expert.
Since then she has focused on delivering keynote presentations, workshops and coaching on presentation skills and gender equality. Rikki works extensively within the public sector, community and commercial organisations who are keen to raise awareness of and tackle gender equality, unconscious bias and particularly transgender issues. She has developed a reputation for engaging audiences through her use of entertaining and inspiring stories.
About the host
Accord have been established for over four years and are now working in association with Charter Harley Street to deliver first class training events in Central London and Berkshire. See our website for more details about our events and to book tickets: www.accordtherapists.com
See our FB page at Accord Training Events