Certificate in understanding personality disorders, an integrative approach
Does your work bring you into contact with individuals suffering from interpersonal difficulties labelled as “personality disorders”? Join our structured and experiential workshop designed to give you the necessary tools for understanding specific personal dynamics involved. You will gain awareness and essential knowledge forming a solid platform upon which to engage in effective therapeutic or working relationships.
- social workers
- personal trainers
- life coaches
- human resources
- support workers
- and all other health care professionals
- NHS diagnosis clusters A, B and C personality disorders.
- Understanding narcissistic, borderline, antisocial, histrionic personality disorder symptoms.
- The differences between OCD and obsessive compulsive personality disorder.
- What relational approaches work and why others are not recommended.
- Identifying the correct action to take if an individual is suffering from an undiagnosed disorder.
- Managing challenging behaviour within yourself, clients, patients and colleagues.
- Assessments, boundaries, complaints and referral services.
- dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- object relations
- transactional analysis integrated into humanistic-existential practice
About Amanda Perl
Amanda Perl and Ian Rattray are BACP accredited experienced practitioners, supervisors, teachers and facilitators whose interests and experience includes attachment, relationship and couples therapy, creative arts, experiential therapies, addictions, anger, personality disorders, eating disorders, anxiety, depression, bereavement and loss.